homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 3:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Center Website

Sitebuilder Plus: Center Website

Here's how to center align your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar.

3. Click Advanced Settings.

4. Select the option to Center align this page.

Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Here's how to center align your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar.

3. Click Advanced Settings.

4. Select the option to Center align this page.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

No. I've did this and still have the same problem. Can someone please help!!

2 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Hi Wanele3433,

I am looking at your account, and I see that there are 3 websites on your account, as well as many pages per website. Can you tell me what page, on what website, you are having this issue on?

Matt

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Please help me. I have tried your solution several times. I am the original poster on this issue, and it remains a problem, over a year now. ColoradoSpringsPetNanny.com

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Your site is centered on the page when I look. What issue do youcontinue to have?

Drew

6 Messages

• 

254 Points

12 years ago

I already have this setting in place yet the website site remains left aligned and will only allow me to build wider to the right

6 Messages

• 

254 Points

12 years ago

I just fixed my own website because I had 3000 pixels in page setting width so put it back to 1100 and all OK now. Thanks to other questions people ask and answers by the team I could figure it out.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

I have the centered box checked and I tried adjusting to 1100 pixels and my site is still left aligned?

6 Messages

• 

254 Points

Is it left aligned on publishing as it is always left aligned when creating and editing the site but it is only on publishing that you will see if it is centered.

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

My web site (www.coloradospringspetnanny.com) is always showing on the far left side. How can I fix this? I set it up using SiteBuilder. I'm using Windows 8, but had this problem long before Windows 8....

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
why is my web site far to the left side.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Susan - The post above should help.

Thanks,
Aubrey

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I have this same problem. My page width is 995 and I click to center. It appears centered during preview, but once published it remains to the left. However, I did it for my initial page (the page people would first go to) and that one IS centered. No clue why it won't work.

Also, I have hundreds of pages. Is there any way to globally set this so all pages center without going through each page one by one by each? Thanks!
Russ

6 Messages

• 

212 Points

11 years ago

Center justification of web page.

So I've got a page that's up (bethsewell.com) and looks good but it's always left justified in the browser, depending on the resolution of the screen....How do I make sure the page is centered in the browser?

6 Messages

• 

212 Points

11 years ago

worked great....all is well now.
thx!

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

11 years ago

hmmmm ... I don't see what was told to you to do before you posted that it worked great ... could you tell me what worked great? :-)

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Another customer was just commenting on the procedure above. You can click the link above that says "see more replies' .

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

My site has a giant margin on the left hand side so everything is smooshed over on the right. how an i fix it?.

bellamoracrochet.com

5 Messages

• 

244 Points

11 years ago

Preview doesn't match published site..

My website is centered when I design and in the preview. But after publishing the site it stretches to the right and it no longer centered.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I pulled up your site and all the pages seem to be centering just fine. If you are still having the issue, can you please reply with the specific page names and we'll take another look.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

Everything was aligned when I was building my page but once I placed a TEXT box, it seem to have screwed things up. My page is centered and at 980 pixels. I liked the way my page was before I placed the text because everything was perfect. My text box was placed on the left side of my page then when I previewed it, it shows it all the way to the right. I tried placing a button on the page and the same thing happened. How can I fix this issue?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The shift is being caused by the 3rd party html code which you have placed at the top of the page. If you removed that code and republish the page, you'll notice your text box will go back to the correct location. Try adding the html code as the last element on the page after you have everything else designed and it will likely work without causing any issues.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

Thank you Mike, I found what the issue was. I removed the HTML and poof... it was fixed. It was a simple Google Search Bar I added, so I can just add that at the end if I still want it. I appreciate your help.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Glad I could help!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How can I center the website horizontally on Sitebuilder plus so that it is centered on any screen?.

The website I created looks fine on my laptop and ipad, but when viewed from a larger screen, it hovers at the top.

I know that there is HTML code to center a site horizontally on the screen, similar to homestead centering sites vertically. But, I need to put the HTML code in at the top and bottom of the html for the whole page. Sitebuilder plus does not give you that access. Any workarounds?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just follow the steps above, and you can center it without having to mess with code.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

How do I create an extended (liquid) header and footer, while keeping the main body of my site center aligned? Basically the same as the homestead header on this page. I realize this may require some code. Can anyone offer help with this?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

utilizing all the space on either side of my pages.

my website when online shows the page centered with open space on both sides, I would like to utilize the space with advertising, but on my site builder page the page I am working on is not centered but to the left with a wide area in grey. Am I able to center the page and use the sides and how do I do that.