homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:13 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add A Blog

Sitebuilder Plus: Add A Blog
Adding a blog to your business's website is a great way to encourage customer loyalty and supplement your visibility to search engines.

You can configure your blog to appear the way you want it to. For example, you can decide how many posts show up on your blog or how big the font size on your blog is.

To add a blog to your site:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar and mouse over the text element. Select blog from the secondary drop-down list.

4. This will open up a small window asking you to setup a name and description for your blog.

5. The last step will be to use the Blog Settings editor on the right side of the screen to customize your blog. You can also click on "New" to start your first post.

Tips for creating a successful blog
  • Post often. The more you post the more "fresh" your website will be, and search engines may rank your site higher because of it.

• Keep posts short. Shorter posts are more likely to be read all the way through by your readers.

• Promote it. Tell your friends about your blog. Share links to your blog articles in your social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn.

• Encourage subscriptions. Your blog has an RSS feed that viewers can subscribe to so they can be alerted when you post a new topic.

6 Messages

• 

264 Points

11 years ago

Is it possible to add a discussion board to your website? Is this an additional cost?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Discussion Boards.

6 Messages

• 

264 Points

It does not answer my question at all. I was looking for an area where members could post and answer each other their questions and concerns.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I would like to add a blog to my web site to help drive traffic to both the site and our store, thank you.

What is the best way to incorporate a Blog to my web site?.

35 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

11 years ago

Unfortunately the Intuit blog is pretty basic, and no RSS feed. I went ahead and got a Wordpress account and put my blog here at www.catholictravelblog.com. Disadvantage is that this is a separate URL, so does not help page rank of the main site, plus you have to pay for a host and learn Wordpress. But I think it may be worth it since blogging is such an important part of many websites (especially a travel one such as mine).

1 Message

• 

118 Points

11 years ago

I'll keep trying.

13 Messages

• 

552 Points

11 years ago

I guess the employees at Homestead DON"T READ because I don't see anything helpful here and my blog that I worked so hard on, isn't on my site. Of course the phone lines are down and I can't chat with an employee at this time. So disappointing to pay so much per month for what?

3 Messages

• 

182 Points

11 years ago

I cannot Find My Blog I Published "Rooster Combs".

http://www.shanuwater.com/blog, How do I get it to show in the blog section?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I see you have created a page named "BLOG", but you have not actually added the blog element to the page. Just follow the steps above to add the blog element and then re-publish the page.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How do i add a blog to my website.

3 Messages

• 

174 Points

10 years ago

Ok I am a newbie at this. How do I access my published blog? Thanks.

Ok I am a newbie at this. How do I access my published blog? Thanks

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I see you have already created a page named "blog' which is perfect. Now just open that page and add the element to the page as shown above.

Of course you'll want to add the navigation menu to that page as well, so that if someone goes to the blog page, they can return back to the other pages as well.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

216 Points

10 years ago

where do I go to check my blog page on my site.

11 Messages

• 

370 Points

10 years ago

Hi Mike,

I am having a problem getting the big commerce blog to work properly in mu big commerce store. I'm using the integral blog feature but the configuration screens differ from those in the tutorial.

I posted one entry and a link displays at the bottom of my welcome (home) page. I had to manually create a link to the navigation bar, but there is no blog index page.

Please see: http://stores.militaryhistoryshop.com/

Thanks,

Diane

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I took a look at your site but don't see the link. Do you want to add it back again and let us know so that we can take a look at it?

Mike

11 Messages

• 

370 Points

Yes, I shall do so.

11 Messages

• 

370 Points

I published the blog. The is a link at the bottom of the "Home" (Welcome) page but no blog index, not Blog link on the navigation bar.

http://stores.militaryhistoryshop.com/

11 Messages

• 

370 Points

*nor link on the horizontal navigation bar. How do I fix this?

11 Messages

• 

370 Points

When I click on "Blog" from the article URL

http://stores.militaryhistoryshop.com...

I get this error:

The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist.

This is most likely due to:

An outdated link on another site
A typo in the address / URL

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Linking Blog posts to page on website.

Second attempt to ask this question... I added a blog page to my website. I previously created blog posts and I can see them under manage accounts/blog; however, I can not figure out how to link the blog to the actual blog page on the website.

Also, is there a way to add a picture to the blog post.

This is my second attempt to utilize the blog feature and for some reason it seems way more complicated than it should be...

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Jacqueline3981
,  I see you've already created a page named "Blog" so, all you need to do now is open that page in SiteBuilder and add the blog element to the page. See steps above on this thread.

Also, it is possible to add images to the blog posts.
How do I add photos to my blog?

Mike

6 Messages

• 

222 Points

10 years ago

To add a blog you instructed go to insert "more" and select "blog" but "blog" does not exist as an option when I tried it..

I am wanting to add a blog to my existing website. you posted an employee answer on how to do this about a year ago. I followed the instructions to go to "website manager," "insert" "more" and select the "blog" option. In the post it had the icon and was among the options. On my website today, "blog" is not an option. Can you give me further guidance on this. So far, feeling frustrated! You need to delete outdated answers to questions.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Trina3970,

Here are the steps to add a blog.  Step 2 tells you to hover your mouse over the Text option and blog will appear. 

Thanks

Drew

35 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

10 years ago

Was the blog function removed?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It should be there Lori9932,

Click on Insert and hover your mouse over Text. It should come down as an option.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Blogs..how do I set one up and access it quickly?.

Where is a blog set up on the website?
How do I access it quickly instead of going through
opening and editing my website?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Linda9872,

Please see the above article for adding a blog to your site. 

130 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Where is my blog.

I have a blog but how do I get it to show up on the website?  Or where is it supposed to up at?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Please see the above article for adding a blog to your site.