mark6276's profile

27 Messages

• 

452 Points

Wednesday, June 5th, 2024 3:59 AM

Page width adjustment issue

Hello Folks,

I've used this website format for over 10 years and do enjoy its fairly simple tools which have helped me make a quite impressive web page.

The recent issue I've noticed which has never happened before is the page width pixels seem to revert back to a 1020 - 1050 setting.

now this isn't on all my pages but it seems to happen periodically, I set my pages to 900 pixel width and have for years, I know if any given field

is wider than I notice is one way for this to happen but that's not the case with my pages.

I basically click page settings and re adjust my page to its 900, then save before publishing. Moments later it reverts back to 1020 to 1050 which when looking

on a phone make the page horizontally off center to the left.

Now I tried to address the issue with using the stubborn page width self adjustment by simply moving my page center of the higher width setting but then

it makes my page set to far to the right of a desktop or phone screen.

Any ideas out there.

1.4K Messages

• 

14.2K Points

18 days ago

Narrower pages probably translate to mobile better. You should still center the page.

CHANGE PAGE WIDTH SB+
Yes, to make a page wider, go under Page Settings > Backgrounds, Links, Footer and change the Page Width.
The page width can be edited from the page settings. Please refer to these instructions, 1200 pixels is average. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-edit-page-widthlength/5f57986e4833934671e996c8

HOW TO CENTER THE SB+ WEBSITE:
https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-center-website/5f2a9a88581809588449751e

Improving mobile capability is a good argument for changing to the websitebuilder platform.

(edited)

27 Messages

• 

452 Points

Hello Russell, 

I did notice the left/ center alignment option and did try the 1200 pixel width while centering my page to that area, I hade the same issue. I put my setting back to 900,  900 width works better on phones, I'm not to thrilled with using the phone friendly format. I don't even use them on my phone when asked, I like the zoom in zoom out swipe interaction.

I appreciate your input.

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

16 days ago

Hello, 

The only thing I've ever seen cause this is if there is an element on the page/s that is outside of the set page dimensions. The editor will automatically adjust the page with in those cases. 

27 Messages

• 

452 Points

Hello Elyzabeth

I know what you mean and did try to see if any characters or field stretched beyond my set parameter . I couldn't see any obvious scenario, I click select all which highlights all the used field and no such field spans outside the work space. if 1 or 2 pages is wider than the other 15, could that set a default width of some sort.

I appreciate your input.

(edited)

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

I had one other person with this issue a few months ago and it ended up being their navigation menu. Can you delete and re-add the menu from each page and let me know if this issue persists?

27 Messages

• 

452 Points

Hello Elyzabethv,

I appreciate your reply and the mention of a possible similar scenario.

May I ask before attempting the reinstallation of  many menus, what was the reason or conclusion found making the determination of the menu field or its placement possibly creating a page offset situation.

My website is on my profile if you think that may help in seeing first hand the irregularity.

Thank you again, Sincerely, Mark

follow-up discoveries :

When in editor, previewing the readjustment back to my preferred 900 px wide from these same (few pages) affected, the preview page prior to publishing shows the offset orientation still, even though when in the editor area showing the adjustment was made. Hopefully to the advanced web builders out there this scenario will open some ideas.

Another noticed hint :

While in preview mode I noticed as mentioned the page, art borders etc. are yes offset by roughly the 250  or so width pixels, but I noticed when clicking to open an image strip feature which then opens to an up close visual of the featured image, that enlargement image is correctly centered to the normal viewing screen while the initial page it comes from is still offset.

I tried this with the non affected pages and yes in fact the blown up image feature mentioned, does stay centered to the original non affected background pages as one would imagine. whereas the affected offset pages being some how set for 1147 wide still allow the blown up image feature to stay centered to the previewed page with the exception being the 1147 width page shows my intended 900 px page which favors the left of the web space horizontal area.

(edited)