homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 9:00 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Simplestore Sales Tax

Sitebuilder Plus: Simplestore Sales Tax
Here's how to set a tax rate in SimpleStore.

Added SimpleStore prior to 5/15/12 or using PayPal for checkout

1. Click Ecommerce in the left navigation menu.

2. Click Set tax and shipping rates.

3. Click Edit next to Tax Rate.

4. Enter the sales tax rate you want to apply to orders made through your website.

5. Click Save

----------
Added SimpleStore after 5/15/12 and using Intuit Web Payment

1. Click Ecommerce in the left navigation menu

2. Click Tax in the top navigation menu.

3. Click Edit to manage tax settings

4. You can either set a default sales tax to be applied to each purchase or setup specific tax rates per state.

5. Click Submit

7 Messages

• 

234 Points

10 years ago

Has this menu changed? I don't see Ecommerce anywhere and have been looking forever to try to figure out taxes and shipping. I am using Paypal but I don't seem to have a choice on that. If I click on Intuit Web Payment I just get an error that I need to add the Simple Store. But I already have the Simple Store. This is becoming very frustrating!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Emily9975,

You have an older version of the Simplestore.  The Ecommerce tab doesn't exist on this version.  Taxes need to be setup at Paypal.  The store is attached to a specific site.  Which site were you getting the message about adding Simplestore?

Thanks

Drew

7 Messages

• 

234 Points

Hi Drew. I just added Simplestore in the last couple of weeks. How do I get the latest version? My store is attached to sugarbellecandles. It's there, I've been working in it and adding product but I still get that error about "adding simple store" when I try to click "intuit web payment". Will updating my store solve that issue as well? Thanks for your quick reply!

Emily

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I am guessing that this site previously had some products entered in Paypal or something else, as all new sites should get the new version.  Only in a few cases does the older version get added.

We can create a copy of the site and then add the new version to the copy to get it done.  The only problem with that method is you need to re-enter all the products.

The other option is that we can check with the developers to see if they are able to force convert the store to the new  version.  Unfortunately, that will have to wait for Monday.

Intuit Web Payment no longer exists.  You will not be able to make that selection.

Let us know what you would like to do.

Thanks

Drew

7 Messages

• 

234 Points

Can you help me with the first option? I don't care about re-entering my products.

Thanks,
Emily

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

We have a topic to copy your site.

Follow the steps outlined and if you have questions about the copying, please post them in that topic.

Drew