homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:33 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML
Here is how you can add a widget or HTML code to your website:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

3. The HTML placeholder will automatically go to the upper left corner of your page. Click and drag the element to where you want it on your page.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Remove the current text in the small window and copy in the html code you have for your widget.

6. Save and Publish your website to see your HTML widget on your website.

Important: You need to use preview mode or publish your site to view your HTML code or widget. You can't see HTML elements in edit mode.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I'm having a problem adding my donate button for paypal on my non profit website page, can someone help?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Donate button for paypal.

18 Messages

• 

648 Points

11 years ago

how to place the html code which is the google conversion tracker between the body body tags of the page you'd like to track.?

how to place the html code which is the google conversion tracker between the tags of the page you'd like to track.?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just follow the steps above and the code will be in the body section. Thanks!

Mike

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me..

7 Messages

• 

272 Points

11 years ago

I have joined a couple of affiliate programs and want to put their banner on my partners page but they send it to me in LINK CODE. How do I transform that link code into the actuall banner and put it on my partners page?

Getting affiliate links to my web site.

7 Messages

• 

232 Points

11 years ago

I have added it to the bottom of the html and right before /script/ html

How do I put a tag or html into my footer?I am adding a tag from google for remarketing..

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

i have this info where i built my logo but im not sure how to add it. I built the logo in logo maker and have the code to embed

does any one know how i can add my own logo to the top of the page?.

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

Banner Upload.

I have some html for a banner I made. How do I upload it to my Homestead account and how do I find out what the web address is? Thanks.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

This thread shows you how to insert the code for the banner. What website address are you needing?

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

I don't want the banner to show on my web pages - I just want to insert the html and have it "hosted" on my account. Then receive a web address that shows it's location on homestead. Thanks.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you are wanting a web address, then you'll have to have the code placed into a web page. It could be a page that is not linked to your site. If you want to create page that is blank except for the banner code, then publish it, you could get the url/web address.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

is there a countdown clock available here?.

I want to add a countdown clock to my website. Is one provided here as a widget?

Thanks

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The current version of SiteBuilder Plus does not include a countdown clock. However it is very easy to insert one. Just to a Google search for "website countdown clock" or "html code for countdown clock" and you'll find dozens of websites that give you the code for free. This thread explains how to insert the code into your site.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

3 Messages

• 

166 Points

11 years ago

How do I add an iframe into my web pages?.

I would like to feature vendor websites within my site, so they don't leave. I googled adding an iframe to a site, and found code. I tried adding it using the "Insert" menu and the </> HTML option.

This was the code:

Nothing showed up. What am I doing wrong?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

This thread may also help. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Thanks!

Mike

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

Radio station in webpage.

We have a radio station like a podcast, how do I add the radio station link where it plays in the webpage and doesnt send the viewer to a new page?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I noticed that if you click the link which directs you to the new page, that it provides you with the embed code. Just copy and paste the embed code like shown in this thread.

Thanks!

Mike

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Thanks, that worked :)

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Great! Glad I could help.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I had an issue around deleting an existing html snippet and replacing with a new snippet!  Still don't know how to do it as a Support person ended up doing the delete for me.  Any quick answers?  Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

In Sitebuilder, click on the specific HTML element. Then on the right side, you should see a button that says enter or paste HTML. Once in there, remove the old code and add the new code.

Does that help?

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I add the ability for my readers to do calculations at my webpage?.

I am interested in enabling my readers to perform some calculations on my web page. Does Sitebuilder offer or accomodate this ability?

I found some information on possibly enabling this at http://www.ehow.com/how_5503148_creat...

Thanks.

5 Messages

• 

216 Points

11 years ago

Tumblr link.

I need to add a Tumblr link to my website. There are links for Facebook, LinkedIn and some others. But there is no Tumblr application. How can I add a Tumblr button to the first page of my website? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. www.tourguidejames.com

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You'll need to get the embed code from Tumblr and then insert it using the steps above.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how to add google ad sense to website.

Can you add ads to website

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

In most cases, it's just a matter of embedding some html code into the page. If they provide you with the code, just follow the steps on this thread.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I put a scrolling message on my home page for announcements?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just do a Google search for "add scrolling text to web page" and you'll find dozens of sites that provide free html code that can be embeded, using the steps posted above.

Thanks!

Mike

23 Messages

• 

834 Points

11 years ago

How to Insert Java Script or HTML at page locations other than the head tag area? Also, Java Script for "asynchrous loading.".

How can I insert a snippet of java script on a page- at the location just before the closing ?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you want it to go in the body instead of the head, use the steps here. If you want it to be just before the closing, just move it down to the bottom of the page so it's the last thing down. If the html code includes something that is viewable, just position it like any other element on the page, wherever you need it to be seen.

Thanks!

Mike