linda7682's profile

5 Messages

• 

438 Points

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 10:09 PM

Need to move all emails from Roundcube to personal email account - business closed

I was provided instructions by Homestead Support to archive my emails but those steps don't allow me to move the emails off of Roundcube so I can close down my business email address and box, only to archive them on Rouncube. 

I want to move them to my personal email account with aol so I can still access them for the next 3 years, if required. Then once they are moved, I can delete the emails from Roundcube and close my account.

I am using a MacBook Pro iOS 13.6.1 using a Firefox browser.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

144.8K Points

3 months ago

Hello, 

We do not have an archive option like this. You would need to use a 3rd party email client like Outlook to download your emails before you delete the accounts. 

5 Messages

• 

438 Points

@elyzabethv​ I currently use aol for my personal email box, would I need to create a new account and email address utilizing Outlook? And then what steps do I need to take (short of forwarding each individual email from the last 16 years that are on Homestead) to merge them to the new Outlook account?

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

144.8K Points

So, you wouldn't need to create a new email address. It would be using Outlook as an email client to check your Roundcube emails. Set it up via POP and it should pull all of your emails from our server:

‎Email Client Settings | Homestead Community

Just please make sure you have all of the emails you need saved before you delete your email through us.