H

13 Messages

• 

186 Points

Saturday, July 27th, 2024 4:27 AM

Closed

gibberish on my site

I noticed that suddenly there is a bunch of AAA gibberish text in my text boxes all over my site! I've been sending out emails and applying for work with this mess!!!!  HELP!!!  I try to retype or delete and redo, and it doesn't show up in the previews or on the site builder site yet when I publish and look online, they're still there! 

I see several other people posting about this so there must have been a change at homestead. What is happening? I don't see a fix or advice to correct this in any posts.  HELP!

lots of this all over my website:

I've been a loyal customer for OVER 20 YEARS! REALLY UNHAPPY with site builder and the MAC accessibility and this happening has negatively affected my business!!  HELP ME FIX THIS ASAP!

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Strange Characters on Websites

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

144.8K Points

1 month ago

Hello, 

There is a ticket created to investigate and resolve this issue, but the engineers need more time to work on it. I'll update here on Community when I get any word of a resolution.

9 Messages

• 

164 Points

@elyzabethv​ This is really frustrating. It looks horrible to customers and destroying reputations and professionalism. We should be compensated. 

9 Messages

• 

164 Points

26 days ago

Same boat.

14 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Me, too,  Call Support 1-800-710-1998 in the morning!

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

26 days ago

The problem is, Homestead stopped updating their Web Builder Plus, to be phased out. Those characters are from the "tabs" and some "spaces" in your words. If you remove those tabs to start with, many of those issues will go away. Homestead told me this morning to copy out the text, delete the text box, then make a new text box and copy back in, from the outside source, the desired text. Save, Publish and see where you stand. They suggested that we create new sites, using their latest Web Builder software.

14 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

I tried deleting the text box, putting a new one there and retyping everything but it is still there!