office_manager's profile

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 7:27 PM

Emails bouncing/Need help adding SPF to my email

We've been getting emails kicked back to us and the error code we get is 

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

550-5.7.26 This message does not pass authentication checks (SPF and DKIM both

550-5.7.26 do not pass).

Google workspaces says the solution is to add SPF and/or DKIM to our domain/email.  

harvestoutreachchurch.com is our domain

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

22 Messages

• 

348 Points

1 year ago

We are having the same problem.

How do we solve this please

niagaraweddingchapel.com

22 Messages

• 

348 Points

1 year ago

you have to call customer support - they will update your SPF, as the old one expired in Nov. 2022. I did it about an hr ago and will ck it again later today to see if emails are going through.

Hope that helps.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

1 year ago

Hello, 

Since your domain nameservers are pointing to Cloudflare, I cannot do this for you. Please log in to your Cloudflare account and make sure all of these records are correct:

‎DNS Records for Homestead Email | Homestead Community

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

@elyzabethv​ the only thing that is different is what cloudfare has in the TXT record field.  I don't see how that would have anything to do with the SPF or DKIM issues.  I can try to go in and manually change the TXT record field but ALL of this is WAY out of my comfort zone and I am very concerned I'm going to "break" something.

(edited)

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Yes, that is exactly what needs to be changed. If you feel uncomfortable with this, you can call to have support walk you through it: 1-800-710-1998

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

Thank you.  I called and he helped me make the changes.  He said it may take up to 24 hours for everything to work properly so hoping we are good to go here on out.

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

So our emails are once again bouncing back to us... I am so frustrated.

22 Messages

• 

348 Points

1 year ago

I called tech explained about the SPF - they said with cloudflare , cloudflare changed the expiry date in Dec - he went in and updated it and we're OK, at least we're getting some emails .

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

1 year ago

I am having the same issue. 

28 Messages

• 

502 Points

1 year ago

Hi Elizabeth, I am having the same problem. My sent emails are bouncing back.

I logged into CloudFlare and I  saw this.

Should I edit something in this area? Thanks, Louise

MX
bckelp.com
mx.bckelp.com

DNS only

Auto
EditWhen toggled open, an additional table row will be added below this row to enable editing DNS records.
MX
Use @ for root
Auto
0 - 65535
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

No, that record is fine. Can you show me what you have for the TXT record? Feel free to take a screenshot and send that. 

22 Messages

• 

348 Points

1 year ago

We gave up and switched to gmail and are having no more problems...

22 Messages

• 

348 Points

1 year ago

we gave up and switched to gmail and no problems...

we do miss the easy folder directory but, you have to do what you have to do.