homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:37 PM

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Here are instructions to transfer your domain to another provider.

Note: ICANN regulations require domains to be with a provider for 60 days before they can be transferred to a new hosting company. Therefore, you can only transfer your domain name to another host if it's been with us for 60 days.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down to your domain name. There are 4 things you need to do before you start the transfer.

• Edit Contact Info -- Make sure your email address is listed as the administrative contact. The authorization code (sometimes referred to as an EPP code or Domain password) will be sent to that email.

**IMPORTANT- IF YOU CHANGE THE EMAIL ON FILE FOR YOUR DOMAIN**
          Please follow the instructions in this article:
          Important Domain Information

• Unlock Domain -- Click Edit Domain Locking link and make sure your domain is unlocked.

• Disable Privacy -- Click Show Privacy Status and confirm it's disabled or off.

• Send Authorization Code -- Click Email your authorization code link. The next page will confirm the email address it will be sent to. Click Send to confirm.

3. Once you've completed all 4 things, your domain is now ready to transfer out.

4. Contact the new provider to start the transfer process with them.

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

Hi im having trouble transferring my domain over to a godaddy host. Godaddy requires a Transaction ID and Security Code how do i obtain these from homestead?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Matthew7302,

The only code you'll need is the security code, often referred to as the authorization code or EPP code. I just emailed it to the email address which you have on record with us. You will need to provide it to GoDaddy, and it is usually done electronically through their website. or via an email exchange.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

Hi Mike

I have tried that and it doesn't work. I have also tried having the code in both fields. I used to have an account called jobjoggas.com and when i transferred that domain name i received both. But the process was different then as it was quite some time ago..

What do I do now?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The screen shot is asking for a GoDaddy.com Transfer ID. I suspect you are on the wrong page. Perhaps that is the screen for transferring a domain from GoDaddy instead of too GoDaddy.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Ok figured out the problem. When I log into homestead and go to my account the details there for my email address are correct. I have contacted godaddy and the transfer information they send out is getting send to a email address which i have never seen before. Godaddy is advising me that this is the email address you have provided them for the information to get send to me. Please inform me how I can update this email address?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can update the Administrative Contact email address on the domain manager screen. However, right now I only see a pointed domain on the account. What is the domain name you are trying to transfer? Did it perhaps go through because I don't see it on the account.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

www.cooloolabc.com the email linked to our account is cooloolabc@bigpond.com the email address godaddy is sending the information to is cooloolabc.com@contactprivacy.com.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I double checked your domain, and you have the correct address on record, and you have the privacy feature turned off. They should not be sending it to the privacy address. Have them send it again.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
help please (transfer domain).

i transfered my domain to dynadot and they sent me a autorizaton code for complete the tranfer And then they sent me a letter saying:
Dear eddine, salah,

The domain ******.com is "LOCKED" by your previous registrar, TUCOWS, INC.. Please log into your account with them and unlock the domain. We cannot complete the transfer until the domain is unlocked.

You do not need to email us after the domain is unlocked. Our system will know automatically.

You may also get this message if the domain is newly registered. A domain can not be transferred for 60 days after it was registered.
-------------------------------------------------------------
-When made ​​from the account Domain saw the case is unlocked

what's i can do
help me please

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you follow the steps above, it shows you how to unlock the domain. Each step is equally important.

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

11 years ago

How can I find out the status of my domain transfer from Homestead to Godaddy?

Last Sunday, 8/11/13, I followed Homestead's request to transfer instructions. (Received the codes needed from both you and Godaddy within one hour.) Entered the codes I needed to enter from emails that I received from Godaddy and from Homestead.

Your instructions said the transfer would be automatically approved in 5 business days. That would have been yesterday--Friday. When will my domain (DruGehring.com) be transferred?
Help!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It still registers as pending. I see the request from Goddady came in. I am checkin to see why it hasn't been released yet.

Thanks

Drew

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

Bless you! Bless you! Thanks for checking. I know the team there must be swamped, since chat/phone never seems to be open! I would like this transferred asap.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I have sent you an email to your Yahoo email.

Drew

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

Thanks Drew! I replied to you and I did receive that email you had resent about confirming the transfer. Sender is "Transfer to you". Is that the "OpenSRS" you mentioned?

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

Just clicked on link to confirm transfer. Am still a little surprised that I had to do that since it said it would go through by Friday, 9/16 if I did not respond.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

How to get EPP code..

I want to transfer my domain (www.jhamobi.com) from here to some other registrar. For this I need EPP code. after that only I can transfer my domain with them.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Getting the EPP code is one of 4 important steps. Follow the instructions on this thread.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

deleting account and redirecting domain name.

Hi there,
I enjoyed using your site but i would like to delete my account and take my domain name with me. How do I do this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Once you transfer the domain, you will need to cancel your account with us. You can do that yourself in your account, or contact support.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

epp number.

Our site wants to use a different website but wants to keep the www name, how do I get the epp number?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It sounds like you are wanting to transfer the domain. If so follow the steps here.

8 Messages

• 

336 Points

11 years ago

Domain Transfer.

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

11 years ago

The "Domain Control" section of the Domains settings screen doesn't appear when I go to Domains. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

If I stopped using homestead can I still use my website domain?.

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

11 years ago

When I click on Domains, I get only one link, Advanced DNS settings. When I click on that, there's nothing about editing contact info or unlocking or authorization code or privacy status. There's A Records, C Names, and MX Records. I'll attach a screenshot.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You are correct. That is exactly what you should be seeing. There would be additional options available if the domain were hosted with us, but it's hosted somewhere else and just pointing to Homestead. If you are trying to transfer the domain to another company, you'll need to contact the existing host.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Mike

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

How can I transfer my site to another web hosting company?

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

It seems very frustrated for me!!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

There is not really an automated way to transfer a site, like there is for the domain. To transfer a site, you'll have to save all your pages and content to your computer. Here is a thread that discusses this: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How to transfer my domain and cancel my Homestead account?.

I want to transfer my domain to a new hosting provider and cancel my Homestead account.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The steps to transfer a domain are above. After the domain transfer is done, then you will want to close the account . Those steps are here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

Can I transfer domain name? I have just got domain name 2 days ago.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

There are industry regulations that prevent everyone from doing a domain transfer until it is at least 60 days old. However, if you bought a domain through Homestead and need to use it with another site hosted at a different company, there is no restriction on pointing the domain. If you can get the nameservers for the website host, you can point the domain and get it working usually in less 24 hours.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

Hello,
I tried to make a website via Homestead, but since Wix was easier for the other workers to edit, we had to move the site to there.

I have made an Domain in Homestead, and before I transfer it to the different site, I actually deleted it before doing anything.

When I goto http://www.PrimeGateJapan.com it sends me directly to Intuit Web site.

Is there a way to retrieve the domain that i had?
or do i have to wait for 60days before changing the provider?

Thank you,
Best regards,

ken Bookman

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

We'll first have to restore the domain to your account. After it's restored, you can either point the domain or transfer it. I don't think Wix will allow you to transfer a domain from another company so you may have to point it from Homestead but we can help you do that. I'll go ahead and restore the domain to your account.

If you wish to point the domain, just reply back here with their nameservers and we'll make the update on our end for you.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

oh wow, that will be great.
thank you very much :)

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You're welcome. Just post the nameservers here when you are ready.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

Excellent! Thanks for making this so easy...mission accomplished!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Great!