homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:37 PM

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Here are instructions to transfer your domain to another provider.

Note: ICANN regulations require domains to be with a provider for 60 days before they can be transferred to a new hosting company. Therefore, you can only transfer your domain name to another host if it's been with us for 60 days.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down to your domain name. There are 4 things you need to do before you start the transfer.

• Edit Contact Info -- Make sure your email address is listed as the administrative contact. The authorization code (sometimes referred to as an EPP code or Domain password) will be sent to that email.

**IMPORTANT- IF YOU CHANGE THE EMAIL ON FILE FOR YOUR DOMAIN**
          Please follow the instructions in this article:
          Important Domain Information

• Unlock Domain -- Click Edit Domain Locking link and make sure your domain is unlocked.

• Disable Privacy -- Click Show Privacy Status and confirm it's disabled or off.

• Send Authorization Code -- Click Email your authorization code link. The next page will confirm the email address it will be sent to. Click Send to confirm.

3. Once you've completed all 4 things, your domain is now ready to transfer out.

4. Contact the new provider to start the transfer process with them.

2 Messages

• 

160 Points

6 years ago

Hi Mike are you still working in this area?
I need to transfer a domain I did all the steps right and the new server say that you need to acept the transfer. But homestead is not acepting.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

As posted in your other topic, the transfer in under way. It can take up to 5 days to complete. It was started on 3/5/2018

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

Trying to transfer three (3) domains from Homestead to WIX.
Finally it appears as though AmericanBuckskin.net is proceeding.
Still having problems with AmericanBuckskin.com and AmericanBuckskin.org
Can you see what I need to do to facilitate this transfer?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The are both in the process of transferring. The registrar is allowed 5 days to complete the transfer.

35 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

6 years ago

I am trying to transfer my domain at frsantosmendoza.com to a new host. I cannot get the code sent to me.  Followed all the instructions outlined...unlocked, disabled privacy, etc.

Every time I try to edit contact info it reverts back to emailnoreply@data-protected.net.  I change the address, but the change does not stick.

Looking up domain it shows Domain Name: FRSANTOSMENDOZA.COM
Domain ID: 1693223464_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2018-05-26T12:14:27 
Creation Date: 2011-12-21T18:04:12

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The registrar is having some technical issues at the moment and is working to resolve them. What is the address that should be on there? Maybe I can get it for you.

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

Hello Drew, I'm contacting you to request that you turn off all of my domain privacy settings, set the domains' admin contact to my personal email: jamesvibeproductions@msn.com And I will also need the transfer code. Thanks.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I removed privacy and unlocked the domain. I also sent the code, but it is a different email address. Log into your account and go to the domains tab. Edit the contact info there. If you do not have access to the current email, then let me know before changing it. Any change of email must be verified by you from both old and new email address.

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

Got it. Thanks Drew. 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

6 years ago

Hi there,

I am transferring my domain sunshinelawnandsnow.com to a new registrar. I've confirmed that the settings within my dashboard have domain privacy turned off, the domain is unlocked, and the correct e-mail address is listed in the contact information. However, the new registrar says they cannot e-mail the confirmation code because the WHOIS listing still shows the "privacy-protect" e-mail address. Over a week has passed since I updated the settings to unlock the domain for transfer.

Thanks!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Because of GDPR there is no longer a public visibility of your information. Tucows no longer displays the info publicly, but the transfer email should be forwarded to the address on the domain. Do you have access to domains@..........?

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I do -- seems the new registrar is unclear on this and didn't even attempt to send the code when they saw the privacy protect e-mail. I'll work with them going forward, thanks!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Ok. Let me know if you need anything else.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

6 years ago

so I am asking for the authorization code to be sent and it states there is an error obtaining my email !! ! ! ! Yet, I checked it and it is OK
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

I'm sorry you were having trouble with that. I sent that auth code from my end.
What is the reason you are looking to transfer your domain out of Homestead?

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

6 years ago

I am frustrated, I can not transfer my domain from Homestead to Wix and I keep coming back to this conversation of 6 years ago and no live person to chat with or call. I have asked questions and can not find where to go to see response. I am doing the steps at Wix and I can not even get to the need for the authorization code because it takes the domain can not be transferred. I would appreciate help but not sure how to get it
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello  Donald1041

If you scroll up, you'll see the last question you asked and my response. I sent the authorization code for you yesterday. Please check alpacasofsunshinefarm@juno.com. If you don't see it in the inbox, please check spam. I have also unlocked the domain and made sure privacy is removed, so everything that we can do to help you transfer this domain has been done.

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 years ago

What are the steps to move, or actually access, my actual email files to the new host so that my email is moved also?

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled transferring my domain.

how do i transfer from homestead to Square space

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Transfer my domain.

How do I transfer my domain from Homestead.

24 Messages

• 

528 Points

5 years ago

I have transferred my domain name to a Wix site. through my registrar, but homestead is telling me I can't delete my site because a domain name is pointed to it. The domain name goes to my Wix site. How do I delete this site on homestead that I no longer want? Thanks.

24 Messages

• 

528 Points

Thanks, but I've already done this, as I said above. My nameservers are not with homestead but another registrar and I've done that change. Why is homestead saying the domain is connected to homestead, when it is no longer. 

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Is your domain name registered with homestead?
Use this link to review your domain details: https://whois.icann.org/en

24 Messages

• 

528 Points

No, as I said above, it is not.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Logon to homestead and use your account summary to "cancel all services".

6 Messages

• 

406 Points

5 years ago

I am running into the same issue.  when I try to publish my account on GoDaddy I keep getting this:

Just one more step...

You have chosen to publish your site to an external domain you bought from another company. There are just a few more steps and you will be online with a secure site in no time.

1. Log into your domain provider's website and change the domain's A Record.
  2. Wait 20 minutes for the site to be secured.
  3. Re-Publish your website. This will successfully install the SSL certificate.
For help, refer to the article Connect My Website to Another Domain

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

In your Homestead account, go to the domains tab. Under the desired domain, click on Advanced DNS settings. There you can edit the DNS records. Make the changes that GoDaddy provides you.

17 Messages

• 

334 Points

5 years ago

Can I transfer my domain now although it hasn't been 60 days. I saw the option to opt out in which I did. Its not letting me choose any other option to transfer the domain to. Thanks
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

You cannot opt out of the 60 day transfer lock with a new domain. You can point your domain via nameservers or IP address in the meantime.

17 Messages

• 

334 Points

Ok thank you, and how can I redirect everything. When I click on domain and then change site association, it doesn't give me the option to input the nameservers or IP Address. It just shows homestead.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

If you want to update the nameservers, I would recommend clicking on "Edit your nameservers"
If you are wanting to update the DNS (an IP address), I recommend clicking on "Advanced DNS settings" It just depends on which one you choose to use.

17 Messages

• 

334 Points

Hi, I don't see any of those options. Is it under domain?
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Yes, right under where you would click "Change Site Association"

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

4 years ago

I click on Domains on the left menu and it does not give me any options for domain controls. Can someone help me?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

This was due to the account status, I have updated this and it will now take you to the domains. 

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

@michelle_c  I did that but there is still an issue with my transfer.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

The domain is available for transfer. If you have received the auth code via email, begin the transfer with the new host and provide that code when requested. 

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

@michelle_c I started the transfer on the 14th. I got this message on my side  "Tucows Domains Inc. You will need to contact Tucows Domains Inc., who is the current registrar for the domain and have them approve the transfer."

It is still not transferring.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

The domain transfer can take 5-7 days to complete. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 years ago

Hi! I was wanting to switch my website over to a new host but keep the domain with homestead. Is that possible? And also once I complete the 4 steps shown will the website through homestead automatically be deleted?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Websites files can not be transferred but domains can. Yes, to keep the domain with homestead, the account can be downgraded to domain hosting only and we can point to the other host using DNS settings. The website files will need to be manually deleted to downgrade to domain hosting.

However, if you complete these steps for the domain to be transferred, the registration will then be paid to the new host for the domain. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Okay perfect, thank you for the information. And then also, how much is the domain hosting only plan cost?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You are welcome, it cost $14.99 per year. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

I need help transferring our domain.  

I click on "Domains" on the left menu

That's as far as I can go, I don't see "unlock domain", "disable privacy" etc.

Thanks!

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

The domain name on the account is a pointed domain and the transfer will need to be initiated with the registrar. It looks like the domain is registered with wild west domains per a whois test.