homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 5:58 PM

Homestead Full Service

Homestead Full Service

The Importance of a Good Website with Marketing – Full Service

These days having an online presence isn’t as simple as building a website and starting to get traffic to it. As people get more comfortable with shopping and finding local services online, the competition grows each day making it imperative that you set yourself up for success. Here are a few tips you will want to think about when starting to build your online business.

Design

When people come to your website you only have a few seconds to convince them to stay. When building your site or revamping it, here are some things to consider.

Start with a plan
.  It’s easy to get lost in what you are trying to accomplish with your website. When thinking about the design, try to focus on the customer’s journey.

• When they come to your site can they easily find what they need?
  • Which pages do they have to go to in order to convert into a customer?

Knowing how existing customers found you will help devise a good strategy for your site.

Have call-to-actions. When a visitor comes to your website, at first they aren’t going to know what to do. Having the right call to actions will help the person discover what to do next. Make sure you use things such as:

• “click here for more information”
  • “check pricing”
  • “sign up today”
  • “call for a free quote”

The easier you make it for a visitor to find what they need, the greater chance you have in converting them to a customer.

Have relevant images. Don’t use default images from a template you choose when creating your website as people can tell if images are genuine or not. It’s always better to use an image that gives the message you are trying to convey.

• Take a good photo of yourself or employees for your about us page
  • Have images of your products or specific services tailored to those pages

There are dozens of more design tips to make sure you set yourself up for success. Again, the most important note is to build the site for your customer, not based off what you think it should look like.

SEO

Once you have your online business up and running, it’s now time to start bring traffic to it. We often hear from people that they built their site, but nobody can find them. This is a common problem for a lot of small businesses, but can easily be corrected by using search engine optimization.

SEO, in a nutshell, is making sure search engines know what to rank you for and can trust that you are an expert in your field.

Make your site relevant. Search engines like Google use everything on your site to determine what your business is and what you should rank for. From your content down to image alt tags, your entire website is important for getting found online. This is why it’s important to talk about your products/services in depth, use appropriate images, and even update some backend data to give you the best chance at ranking. The more you can show you are the expert in your industry, the better you will start to rank.

Building trust. Chances are you have several competitors in your area that are also competing to be at the top of search engines. It sometimes isn’t enough to make your website relevant and you need to create backlinks. A backlink is getting another website online to post a link on their website that goes back to yours. This can be done through directories, articles, blogs, forums, social networks, etc... The more you can build the more search engines will trust your website and the quicker you will climb in rankings. This can be a time-consuming task and one should devote a few hours a week in order to make sure you are staying ahead of your competitors.

Let Us Do This For You

All of this may seem a little overwhelming to you and the last thing we want is for you to feel like you can’t succeed. Because of this Homestead has created the perfect product for those looking to get help in making sure their website is set up to convert visitors into customers as well as working on building up the SEO to drive traffic to your site.

Full Service

Design

Work one on one with your own professional designer to help build your vision. Our design team will:

• Have a welcome call to go over your business and design ideas for your site
  • Build an initial website for you to review in 5-7 business days
  • Complete a site review with you over the phone to discuss any revisions you’d like
  • Complete a second site review with you over the phone to finalize your design and make any last updates
  • Launch your website and make it live on your domain
  • Complete a 30 – 45-minute walkthrough with you where they teach you how you can update and maintain your website.

During the design process, we make sure everything is covered that search engines and visitors want to see. From page layouts to call-to-actions, the number one goal is for your site to have the highest possible chance at converting a visitor to a customer. Your designer will cover many of these in depth with your during your initial call and build them into your website.

SEO

During the design phase of Full Service, you will also have a dedicated marketing manager who will work with you on building traffic to your website. This process involves:

• Initial welcome call to go over your business goals and who an ideal customer is.
  • Keyword research to determine what people are typing into search engines to find you.
  • Implementing the relevant keywords and phrases into your website
  • Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
  • H1 Tags
  • Content Density
  • Monthly backlinking to start moving your website up in rankings

SEO can be an ongoing task so it’s important that we continue to work on your site and build trust to get you to the top of the search engines. Your dedicated marketing manager will work with you closely during the entire process and even go over monthly progress so you know where you stand. A marketing portal will be set up for you so you can also view your traffic and rankings anytime.

Take the guesswork out of growing your online business and let us help get you to where you need to be. You are the expert in your industry. Let us be the expert in helping people find you.

Article provided by Chris F.
Chris joined Homestead in 2008 as a phone agent. In 2009 he moved to the Design Services department and has been specializing in SEO since then.

1 Message

• 

132 Points

5 years ago

I've been with Homestead for about 6 years now and my site has helped me in business.  Now I'm ready to move forward with some new ideas.  What would it cost to have help like what your talking about?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hi there!

The cost will definitely depend on your business and how aggressive you would want to go with your campaign. If you want, I can have someone from that department give you a call to discuss the options!
Is the number on your account ending in 7886 still a good number?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hey, just wanted to check back in with you. I can see that the number on file is also on your website, so it seems to be a good number. I'm going to have someone give you a call to talk about all of your options and pricing. If you can't answer when they call, they will leave contact information so you can get in touch with them.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

5 years ago

I would like to speak to someone about a better design for my website. I have been with Homestead since 2010. I would appreciate a call during business hours to discuss approaches and options of cost. Thank you! Pat at Rushbiddies.com
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello Pat,

I can have someone call you. Is the number on your account ending in 7828 still a good number to reach you?

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

I want to talk to someone to find out the cost of redesigning our web site. 

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello, 

Please call 1-800-710-1998 to speak with someone regarding this. 

5 Messages

• 

162 Points

4 years ago

Hi,
I would like help in editing my site. Homestead/Intuit initially built my site, but I don't know how to edit. I would like to explore working with someone to help me create new pages and update.
Thanks,
Marla
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If you would like to edit your current website, you can log into the account at Homestead.com, go to websites manager and click edit site. We do also offer professional design services if you would like to revamp the entire website and work with a designer to build the best possible site. I can schedule for a design agent to reach out to you and discuss available options and pricing, it is a free consultation and you can ask any questions you may have. When would be a good time for them to call?

5 Messages

• 

162 Points

I am free tomorrow at 10am-12 or after 2pm. I can be reached at 773-330-8275
Thank you
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem, I will schedule a call. Thanks. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

can you please have a Design Agent contact me, i need to modify my website. my name is Umaru Lamin Janneh and cell: 707 567 0551, email: lamin@att.net

9 Messages

• 

210 Points

4 years ago

Hello, 
I would like a quote on revamping my site. 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Isaacros8821,

I can schedule for a design agent to reach out to you and discuss available options and pricing, it is a free consultation and you can ask any questions you may have. When would be a good time for them to call and is the phone number on the account a good one to call?  

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

I need a quote as well to revamp my site please have someone give me a call, I need seo services as well....

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

How do I post my own image on my webpage?

(edited)

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

To upload an image that you have saved on your computer, go to elements, images, image, upload image. Here are the instructions. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/websitebuilder/websitebuilder-add-an-image/5f2a9aea58180958845509fa

1 Message

• 

60 Points

how can i change the current design to now one 

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

4 years ago

How do I optimize my site for Mobile use without building a new site? I tried downloading Homestead SiteBuilder. But it wont download my published pages... I dont want to switch to another service but I need to get my site setup to work on mobile devices ASAP.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Unfortunately, the program you currently use for the site, Sitebuilder, does not have an option for mobile-friendly optimization. In the past, it was able to be converted using Duda mobile but they have moved away from allowing free mobile conversions. The only thing I could recommend is moving to the WebsiteBuilder software for a mobile site. You can add a new site and work on it while the current site is still up and running and switch the domain when ready. 

3 Messages

• 

92 Points

4 years ago

Been with Homestead since 2005. The "Flash" features on my current very successful website will soon be discontinued. I simply require a transfer of all items and pages to be adopted into a new & modern template. Can this be performed without interruption and with minimal effort?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

This can be moved over to the new builder easily. To gain access to the new platform, add a new site to the account. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/websitebuilder/account-create-a-new-site/5f2a9ae7581809588454a628 This will automatically create a site in WebsiteBuilder and the content can be moved over and the text copied and pasted. If you do not wish to perform the move, we do offer a replication service where we will move the content from Sitebuilder plus into the new builder. It is $150 per 5 pages, please let me know if you are interested. 

1 Message

• 

110 Points

3 years ago

I have a very old Homestead website for my business that should be redesigned or updated. I would like to discuss my options with an expert.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If you do not wish to do the work of manually rebuilding, we can check if the site is approved for a site replication service Homestead offers. This is a service that moves the content over exactly is it currently is into the new builder. There is a fee of $150 for every 5 pages, would you like me to check if your site qualifies? If so, what site is it?

If you are looking for a new look with a professional design, we also have a design team ready for free consultations. Please call support at, 1-800-710-1998 and we can get you connected to consult. 

4 Messages

• 

120 Points

3 years ago

I don't do websites anymore and have a couple of customers that need their own account, how do I get that done and transfer their site?

Thanks,

Teresa

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Your customers will need to sign up for their own Homestead account and the sites can be duplicated to the account for a one time fee of $50. This will need to be requested by calling in at 1-800-710-1998 so we can locate and verify both accounts, the one the site is currently on and the new account the site will be transferred to. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

Do you funnel capacities to link to my website? I am looking for template to follow to the landing page, then sign up page, then payment page and then a thank you page? 

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello.

All templates are 100% customizable. Start with any template you like then create the desired pages. 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

3 years ago

I've been with Homestead several years and I need someone to design and build a new website for a separate business.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Homestead offers design services tailored to what you are looking for. I can set up a free consultation with a design agent to discuss pricing and options. Please provide a date, phone number, and time you will be available to speak with them and I can schedule. Or if you would like to speak with them now, please call 1-800-710-1998 and ask to speak with the design team. 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Today after 5 or between 9-12 tomorrow. 863-533-9111...Reese

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Thank you I will schedule a call for tomorrow within the time frame provided. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

I would love someone to contact me in regards to helping revamp my website

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Homestead offers design services that are tailored to what you are looking for. I can set up a free consultation with a design agent to discuss pricing and options. Please provide a date, phone number, and time you will be available to speak with them. If you would like to speak with them now, please call 1-800-710-1998 and ask to speak with the design team. 

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 years ago

I would like to get a quote to upgrade my current website to make the presentation more professional.

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello, 

Are you able to call 1-800-710-1998? If so, an agent can help you get in touch with the correct department who could give you a price quote.

5 Messages

• 

210 Points

2 years ago

Have someone contact me about your SEO offerings.  Bill@mitchbiz.com or 248-985-7203.  Thaks, Bill Feild

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello, 

The best option would be for you to call 1-800-710-1998 and tell the agent you want to discuss SEO. They should be able to transfer you to someone who can discuss these services with you. 

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 years ago

Good afternoon, I need to make changes to my page... needs an upgrade...please contact me to see options & prices....

Thanks 

Wanda

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello Wanda!
You may always contact our phone support team at 1-800-710-1998, or you can inquire here for any questions you may need asked! 

1 Message

• 

62 Points

2 years ago

I need technical assistance to redesign/upgrade my existing website.

thank you,

Robert Cloud North

cloudnorth.org

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello, 

Please call 1-800-710-1998 and we'll be able to assist you. 

4 Messages

• 

246 Points

me too, and i want an email address such as example@homestead.com 

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Please call 1-800-710-1998 to speak with someone about this.