homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 6:03 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Add an Image

WebsiteBuilder: Add an Image
  1.  Click on Elements > Images > Image

2. This will bring up a page that gives you options for selecting an image. You can either:

-Add Image from upload
    -Add image via link
    -Select from images you've already added
    -Use stock images

3. Select the desired image and click Place.
    The image will be placed on the page and you may drag it to the desired location.

7 Messages

• 

612 Points

7 years ago

The old sitebuilder had the option to optimize the image to reduce the load time. Granted it wasn't the best but it sufficed. I do not see that availability in this web builder. Do we need to do this off site now?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The optimize button no longer exists, but the Crop & Edit option gives you the ability to resize the image to your desired size. Plus the editing options are more extensive than Sitebuilder. Click the image and on the right you will see the option.

68 Messages

• 

1K Points

Where is this 'Crop and Edit' and options to the right of a photo?  I too am looking to resize photos after uploading them, if possible.  I have been editing a site for days and cannot find such an option.  Thank you.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

The editor does not have the ability to crop and edit photos. This will need to be completed outside the editor using a photo ending program and uploaded to the site.

7 Messages

• 

792 Points

7 years ago

How can I can I make simple image roll over?
When mouse moves onto image it changes to another image?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This feature is not currently available in the new builder, but you can do this with the mouseover effect in your Sitebuilder sites. It can also be done using code in either builder.

7 Messages

• 

792 Points

where do I find the mouse over effect? does not mean that it is possible in the new builder?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Which site are you working on? The different editors have different features available.

15 Messages

• 

532 Points

7 years ago

So if we have images in our User uploaded images in SB we can't access them to use in the new builder?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Duane, if you upload images in the new builder, they will be available for use on the site. The above question is about effects that can be applied to the image.

21 Messages

• 

524 Points

6 years ago

Previous post was 1 year ago, but maybe something has been changed during this period...So, Is any Mouseover Effects available for image on the new Website Builder? (Like it was on old Desktop version)
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

There are some options available under Animations that you can set up, and there is a scale option that makes the image scale bigger or smaller when rolled over under More> Advanced> Settings> Element Behaviors.

47 Messages

• 

708 Points

norbert9499​ Here is a picture of the animation icon. The animation object is available for most objects- shapes, text box (the entire box not individual letters), images, etc. You can choose how to bring it onto the screen, emphasize it, and make it exit the screen from right, left, top, or bottom.

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

4 years ago

Why is it that all but just the smallest images will upload.   More than 80% of the images I attempt to upload just hang on the upload symbol.   Is there any way to overcome that?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

There should be no issues uploading larger images. I tested uploading a fairly big image and it uploaded right away. What site are you attempting to upload to? 

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Trying to upload to www.benefitssitedemo.com (WSB)
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

I tested uploading to this site and large images upload fine. I recommend using google chrome when uploading. What is the size of the image you are attempting to upload? 

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Mmm, it seems to be working today.   While I have you, how do I grab an image element that's on the far left out of view?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Perfect, you can zoom out (crtl -) to get a wider view of the page and its contents. 

5 Messages

• 

110 Points

2 years ago

Is there an alternative way to the Add Images dialog box, without adding an image?  I want to upload then select them later.

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

No, the only way to get to the upload option is to either go through the process of adding an image or replacing an image.