tom4728's profile

5 Messages

• 

230 Points

Sunday, July 21st, 2024 7:33 PM

Help Received by Homestead Technologies Technical Support Person

I want to extend public thanks to "Lucas" who helped me with the hyrogliph A's a's added without authorization to my website text. This issue started on July 12. Over the course of 5 business days I made 7 telephone calls to Homestead Technologies asking for a "fix"for this issue since my 4 pages of my website at the website manager looked perfect. He was the only one of 6 Homestead support people contacted who just didn't recite the Homestead party line "the problem is being looked at by our engineers", when the reality is that Homestead has decided not to support the Sitebuilder+ platform any longer after my 12 years worth of business with them. "Lucas" managed to get my important Schedule page (We are a Band) on my website readable, by effectively taking images from my Monthly schedule from the Web Manger's site and then publishing it, and adding buttons for venue links and publishing that. He did that with my permission after I complained bitterly about the situation. Our schedule page is now readable and accurate for the moment, but it will be clumsy to do changes additions to the schedule from this point.

Homestead wants everyone on their Sitebulder+ platform to spend time and energy to setup a new website on their Website Builder platform. This without any financial compensation or credit from Homestead. I have yet to decide whether I will do that.

But I want to thank "Lucas"...his telephone hone support name not his real name, for aiding a Homestead customer.

My question is... if Homestead want to shutdown Sitebuilder+ plus platform why don't they have a mechanism to simply move whole pages complete from the  "web manager's site page over to Website Builder site? This would possible retain most of there existing Sitebuilder+ customers.

8 Messages

• 

268 Points

2 months ago

These hieroglyphics are very annoying. Just appeared randomly out of the blue after I've used the service for more than 15 years and now I can't remove them ...

8 Messages

• 

268 Points

@chris6365​ For the time-being, I've just changed the colour of "text" between what I want to the background colour which renders the hieroglyphics invisible .... Oh WOW! So annoying!

236 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

11 days ago

go here for more insight - looks like many posts/comments have been deleted!!

Greg

https://community.homestead.com/conversations/websitebuilder/as/66cdf7149364bd32158ccef2 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

7 days ago

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago with hieroglyph A's suddenly showing up. I called and the support person was no help. I then figured out they occurred whenever there was a space, so I got rid of the spaces myself via trial & error.  Annoying. 

But more concerning is Homestead's lack of support for moving to their newer platform, as Tom4728 says. I have *many* sites on Homestead, some with tens and tens of pages - impossible to migrate manually!! How are they going to help us??