D

38 Messages

• 

840 Points

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 2:52 PM

Is this a phishing email which appears to be from Homestead

I have recently paid your invoice 53310498 which includes 'additional domain 6 months' but today I received an email purporting to be from you saying I need to contact technical support with a DIFFERENT 1-800 number to renew the domain name you registered for me and which I very much still need. What is going on? Anyway, I understand it is not possible to call 1-800 numbers from outside North America and I am in the UK. The email is below:

30 Day Renewal Reminder 08-02-2024

Inbox

hostmaster@hs-support.homestead-inc.com via opensrs.org 

04:00 (10 hours ago)
to me
Dear Customer,

Your domain name(s) will expire in 30 days. Act now to avoid any disruption to email or website services and avoid losing your chosen name.

The domain name(s) due for renewal are:

Domain Name Expiry Date Days Until Expiry
mistressladypenelopekent.com 08-02-2024 29

If you would like to renew your domain(s) Please contact Homestead support. You can reach us Mon-Fri 6:00am - 5:00pm MST by calling 1-800-986-0958. You can also reach a member of our support team through our community site.

Homestead Community

Thank you for your attention.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

7 months ago

Hello, 

This is actually a valid email. For some reason, auto-renew was not turned on for this domain. I have turned it on now, so no further action needs to be taken.