homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:10 PM

Account: Change Site Association

Account: Change Site Association

Here's how you can associate your domain with another website on your account.

1. Click the "Domains" link in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down until you see your domain name and click Change Site Association.

3. Choose the website you'd like your domain name to point to using the drop-down menu.

4. Click Save to confirm the change.
      It may take some time for this change to reflect.

**If the site you are switching to is built using WebsiteBuilder**
    5. Click Websites Manager, choose the site you are working with, click Edit Site, and Publish.

*IF YOU GET A 404 ERROR on your published site, please follow the instructions in this article to fix this:
Fixing the WebsiteBuilder 404 Error

Hope that helps!

For a video walkthrough of these instructions:

11 Messages

• 

402 Points

7 years ago

Where are the steps?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

At the top of this page. It is the "Official" response.

6 Messages

• 

394 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Help with changes please!.

I have created a website and have attached it to a domain I own. www.ProRemovalSystem.com is the domain address. I have created an alternative website I would like to point to the domain and point the OLD website to a new domain I also own, www.theCreditScoreAcademy.com. How do I do this? I am not very confident in my ability to make the changes without instruction?? HELP!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

goodcredithelps1155, It sounds like you just need to use this method to move the domains to the desired sites. Once moved it can take up to 30 minutes for it to complete

8 Messages

• 

272 Points

7 years ago

My domains are not displayed in the
scroll down to MY domain name, only a message appears that did not register
satisfactorily, a link appears to contact them, but the page is not adequately
displayed to do so.

I can not
delete the error messages of all the domains that I wanted to register and the
domains are not available to try again to register them again, the initial
registration was already loaded to my credit card.

I need your
help to delete the error messages and cancel the charged domains to re-register
them again.

Also the
websites octavosectornac.com that I can not delete it on my website manager by
warning that is associated with a domain account, but the domain is not
reflected in my manager of domains, all files of the site have already been
deleted.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This is a topic of its own

Please reference the new conversation here: Domain issues

2 Messages

• 

182 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I use the previous domain on my new? I created a website through homestead....

I just created a new website and I want to use the same domain that I used for my previous one.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This topic will show you how to change the domain to the new site.

10 Messages

• 

344 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I added an additional domain to my account via homestead. It does not show up on....

I added an additional domain to my account via homestead. i need to build a home page for it but it does not show up on my drop down list for "edit sites" please advise thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

JC, all of your domains are associated to one site. You can change the domain by follow the instructions at the top of this page. You may need to create a new site first, if you haven't already.

17 Messages

• 

692 Points

7 years ago

Hi Mike,

I created 2 sites for a prospective client. He chose 

http://medicarepolicies.homestead.com/index.html

Now I need to edit that site, but I cannot seem to find it in Site Builder. Please help me.....Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

In the editor list, it will show as medicarepolicies.net as you have assigned a domain to it.

Did you make the site with Sitebuilder, or the new Websitebuilder? It looks like you did some work with both. If you want Sitebuilder, which is http://medicarepolicies.homestead.com/index.html, then I will do a quick conversion and get everything going correctly for you.

15 Messages

• 

472 Points

6 years ago

Hi, I followed these instructions and it doesn't appear that the changes have gone live yet.  Does it take a few hours to go live?  It is still goes to my old website and not the new one. 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It seems to be bringing up the site it is associated to. Do you still see an issue?

15 Messages

• 

472 Points

No it cleared up after a few minutes thank you!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Great!

20 Messages

• 

482 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Undoing a website association.

I accidentally pointed a website (.info) to the wrong website(.com). How do I undo that association?

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled you pointed my new domain name to an existing website I have with you. I need th....

Chef Incognito has been my website with you and yesterday i pointed my new domain address to my account to begin creating a website for that address. harmonicaspects.com. That web address go straight to chef incognito. I am not able to change the site on your domains tab. Please help asap

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled new domain for new website is directed to an old website.

When I had go-daddy direct my new domain name to Homestead as directed yesterday it goes to another website that I have with you. I want harmonicaspects.com to go to it's own new website that I hope to create asap.

20 Messages

• 

646 Points

6 years ago

i'm having the same problems can you help?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

meirul4344, It is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

20 Messages

• 

646 Points

Thank you.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

12 Messages

• 

390 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I transfer my website redesigned with SiteBuilder Plus to my current domai....

9 Messages

• 

440 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Replace Old Site with New, Using My Domain.

I created a new website to replace my old, dated-looking site.  I pay for a domain name, www.singingboysbrewing.com and that is where the old site resides.  I want to move the new site to that domain name, please, and delete the old site entirely.  The new site is temporarily at http://www.sbbversion2.homesteadcloud.com/   Thanks in advance!

Jim

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

James9919, You can follow these instructions to move the domain to the new site. It can take up to 30 minutes to completely resolve. Once done, you can delete the old site.

9 Messages

• 

440 Points

Thank you

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website Transfer.

I was told to build a new website and then call back to have it transferred to my domain, but I cannot find the number to call. What do I do?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If you are just moving the domain to the new Websitebuilder site, then go ahead and follow the directions in the official response in this topic. Please allow 20-30 minutes for the new site to appear.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

6 years ago

Can I still use www.dallaschihuahuaclub.com or has it been reassigned?