homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:10 PM

Account: Change Site Association

Account: Change Site Association

Here's how you can associate your domain with another website on your account.

1. Click the "Domains" link in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down until you see your domain name and click Change Site Association.

3. Choose the website you'd like your domain name to point to using the drop-down menu.

4. Click Save to confirm the change.
      It may take some time for this change to reflect.

**If the site you are switching to is built using WebsiteBuilder**
    5. Click Websites Manager, choose the site you are working with, click Edit Site, and Publish.

*IF YOU GET A 404 ERROR on your published site, please follow the instructions in this article to fix this:
Fixing the WebsiteBuilder 404 Error

Hope that helps!

For a video walkthrough of these instructions:

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Change websites.

I recently got the site add-on. I have my regular website and made a new one up. The first one ends in our name @.com and the new one ends in our name@homestead.com. I want to keep my old one as a spare and use the new one as our main one. How do I go about doing that?

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Design Site for New Domain.

I just created a new domain, but it's showing up at my original domain "homespunchristmascraftshow." I'd like to create a brand new site for my new domain, "homespuncraftandmarketplace" but I do not see an option to do that. Thank you!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Web Site Built Showing Under Wrong Domain Name.

I built a web site last night for a domain I own with Homestead.
Domain:  www.blingmypurse.com
When I was done building the web site I noticed it was showing up under www.lynnblairnew.homestead.com.  
I do not know how this happened because I did not know I even owned the lynnblairnew web site!
How do I get the web site I built last night showing under www.lynnblairnew.homestead.com to be the web site it should have been:  www.blingmypurse.com
Thank You    

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The domain is associated to the wrong site. You can chage it per the instructions at the top of this page

11 Messages

• 

342 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have just created a new website. When I try to look at in on the web, I end up....

I have just created a new website. When I try to look at in on the web, I end up looking at a copy of my old website rather than the new one. What gives?:

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Father Nick7726, It looks like you just need to change the domain association. It can take up to 30 minutes after you switch

11 Messages

• 

342 Points

Thanks, working fine now!

Nick+

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Glad to hear it

8 Messages

• 

234 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i repoint my domain name from one of my websites to another in my account?....

I have an existing website with my domain name pointing there. The site is old. I have just built a new website and want the same domain name pointing at it. How do I accomplish that?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

You can change the site association. I hope this article helps

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled moving my domain name to different site.

i have a homestead website up and running now but I built a new website under the same account and I want this website to have my current domain name and delete the other design
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

You can change the site association, take a look at the article above.

7 Messages

• 

214 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Copy Web Site.

I have two domain names, want both sites to have same web site.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I hope the above information was able to assist you.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Multiple domain names for my website.

Can I have more than one domain name connected to my website at on time?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Yes you can. Go to your Domains page, and you can associate multiple domains to the same website. Please see the above article for more information.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am trying to create a new website.

I moved another domain over from godaddy and created another website but it is showing as a subdomain and also when trying to use website name says .homestead after it. I need that gone and just my website. not sure how to do this since it appears automatically added as a subdomain and also web address

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Doug2172, Change the associated site of the domain. Once you make the change it might take up to 30 minutes. The .homestead.com will always be a valid URL, but no one other than you  should ever see it.

9 Messages

• 

302 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Oooohkay. So, I filled out the "cha" form twice now, hit contiue, and stared at......

Cant get any contact from Homestead about the fact that they switched my two domain names with my two websites. Punch in one name - get the other website... Their "chat" function is not responding. Now what? Cant find phone number....

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Change the site association for the 2 domains and you should be fine. It can take up to 30 minutes to change once you follow the steps.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled link domains to one website.

I am trying to build the my website and already have 8 domains. I would like those 8 domains linked to the one website. How do I begin building the website with that in mind? Thanks!
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

You can use this guide to associate all of your domains with your one website.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled overlapping sites.

I own two separate web sites through Homestead, www.olfibrefaire.com and www.msmud.net.  I cannot edit www.msmud.met because the other site has overlapped it.  For example, if you click on the msmud link, you'll land at Olde Liberty Fibre Faire.  I can't have that.  Please fix the issue so that I can edit each, individual site.  Thank you.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

You can associate your domain name in the Domains page to the new website you are creating. This should give you the option to select one website or the other, instead of just one.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

It doesnt.  All I get is the www.olfibrefaire.com site.  I need the sites to be distinct and different.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I see both domains names are associated with your website hstrial-DanaSoltani, find your domain msmud.net, then click the Change Site Association, select msmud.homestead.com in the following screen, and Save.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

I see that now, but I promise you, I wasn't there before!  It's working now.  Thank you!
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Glad you have them separated now!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to take my old address and use it with the new design Ive created, how can....

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Franklin1015, Once you complete the association, then it may take up to 30 minutes to bring up the new site.

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

7 years ago

Just to clarify. If I design a website on the subdomain then associate with my domain. My business domain will show the subdomain design without that subdomain's website address showing to my customers?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

That should be the case, unless you used hard links to the subdomain, like http://xxxxxxx.homestead.com. In that case you will still see the subdomain.

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Ok just don't want to have the subdomain address showing since my customers order from the website and have the business domain name. Thank you.

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Same Site Domain on both Site Builder and Site Builder Plus.

I have my original site on Site Builder which is published. I have a complete makeover on Site Builder Plus using the same domain. How can I get rid of the old site content so that I can publish the new site content from Site Builder Plus with the same domain name.