elyzabethv's profileBrand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 8:27 PM

YouTube Website Builder Tutorials are LIVE!

YouTube Website Builder Tutorials are LIVE!

As we begin uploading more YouTube videos to cover everything in Website Builder, we want YOUR feedback on what you'd like to see. With Website Builder being our newest product with endless possibilities, naturally there is that initial learning curve when getting started. Our customers are more than important to us, so we wanted to help solidify that technological bridge to ensure you're set up for success right from the get-go.

In the coming weeks, we will be expanding upon the videos we have currently uploaded varying from elements to font families with everything in between.

https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites

If you find these videos helpful, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest updates!

2 Messages

• 

262 Points

5 years ago

Great tutorials, Elyzabeth!

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

It's very good, Elyzabeth, but please slow down.  Take your time.  I have to pause about every 15 seconds because you've covered 4 items in 15 seconds.  Don't be afraid to summarize or review a procedure.  "So let's go through this procedure again..." 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely pass this on. :)

3 Messages

• 

220 Points

5 years ago

where do you download website builder? all i can see is stiebuilder.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello John,

If you would like to use Website Builder, you would need to go under Websites Manager and click "Add New Website". Give it a temporary site name and start building your site. Once you are done and ready to publish, you can switch your domain over to this new site.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

The desktop version is no longer supported.  It took only two weeks for it to be disabled once HomeStead started promoting YouTube videos on how to use the web accessible Website Builder.  Homestead is asking for what we want we'd like to see. With Website Builder being the new priority, naturally support is pushing  customers. Homestead advises that customers are important to them, but they have crippled the desktop version and are forcing customers to abandon the desktop version.  If the company had wanted to help solidify a technological bridge between the desktop version and the web version,  better planning should have been made.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello Jeff,

The desktop version hasn't been supported for a few years now. We still keep the program available because many people still enjoy using it.
We did not take action to discontinue Sitebuilder Desktop. It stopped working unexpectedly after a security update and we are working to see if we can get it functioning again.
The Desktop builder and our Youtube videos for our newer builder are unrelated. We definitely recommend using the new builder, because it creates better quality websites, but we are not forcing anyone to switch.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

do you mean is it
 better to use sitebuilder plus?

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

I believe Elyzabeth is referring to the newest builder called Website Builder.

3 Messages

• 

342 Points

5 years ago

Elyzabeth,

Is it possible to import my current website over to the new builder? Whilst my site is not super complicated, I'm a bit fearful that recreating the site then moving my domain to the new one will create issues I'll get ran over by.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

There is not a way to transfer a site from Sitebuilder to Website Builder. It would have to be rebuilt, but the good thing is, you can take your time rebuilding it in the background, while your other site is still up and running. Then, when you are done with the new site, we can help you move the domain over to start pulling that new site up. We have articles and videos on here to help you with that builder and if you have any questions, we would be happy to help.

10 Messages

• 

590 Points

5 years ago

Hello, I would like to see videos on Title, Page, Meta Tags and how to properly place them in Homestead Website Builder. Thanks!

93 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

5 years ago

I would like to see a video about SEO tools and Meta Tag placement information which is critical to search engine listings. Thanks and keep up the good work.

12 Messages

• 

548 Points

Yes it would definitely help...

12 Messages

• 

548 Points

5 years ago

Can i get a number to contact support directly... My site in website builder is not updating - this has been going on a few days and nobody has helped me get it working.  This is crucial as its for a non-profit website and changes need to be made

93 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

5 years ago

1-800-710-1998 call on Monday they are closed over the weekend.

12 Messages

• 

548 Points

thank you so much

93 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

Richard:

Your welcome, I'm glad to help.

8 Messages

• 

304 Points

5 years ago

Where can I get help when I am ready to switch my current www.kairosva.org site builder version to my new rebuilt Website Builder version?  I can be reached at kairosva.webmaster@gmail.com   
Pappy3693
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

When you are ready to switch your domain over to the new site, you can either request it through Community or you can call support at 1-800-710-1998

8 Messages

• 

304 Points

Thanks

6 Messages

• 

554 Points

5 years ago

I would like to see a tutorial on the infamous 404 Error that people seem to get when starting up their domain.  You know, that trick of renaming it and then going back to the name to clear it?  It seems to be a popular question here in the community.  Actually, I think picking out your most frequently asked questions and addressing those in a 'troubleshooting' series of videos would be nice.  Food for thought.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hi Rose! This is definitely something we've been considering. Good to know it is something that is wanted.

93 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

Elyzabeth:

The tutorial that exists now on Youtube with reference to Elements, the section about image gallery slide show's seems to be incomplete can you go through the entire section and be specific about the finer points. Thank you  
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Les,

The elements video was just a walkthrough of all elements, and did not go in depth on any one feature. There will definitely be a video specifically dedicated to images and image galleries that will go over that in more detail.

8 Messages

• 

312 Points

That's good to hear. I had a similar experience. A good teaching technique is to start by explaining what problem is solved by using a certain feature, then how to use the feature, and then and what best practices are recommended for your tools.

I like that you're embarking on these educational videos and look forward to learning!

Den DiMarco
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Awesome! Dennis, I am so glad you came across this helpful article. You can explore these video to assist with providing knowledge and best practices when using WebsiteBuilder. 

36 Messages

• 

420 Points

2 years ago

Uploading a file to Website Builder