homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, November 18th, 2016 5:19 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Image Gallery Transitions

WebsiteBuilder: Image Gallery Transitions
1) Add an image gallery to the page.

2) Place the Gallery and you'll see a menu above.
    Click More > Advanced.

3) Click Settings.

4) Set how you want the images to display using Gallery Layout settings.
    Make sure the All items on one page is disabled.
    Also, the items per page would usually be 1 for a slideshow, but it does not have to be.
    Click Gallery Transitions.

5) 1) Choose your Entrance Animation and Exit Animation settings, by choosing Slide, Fade, or No Animation.
    2) Choose the Speed
    3) If you want the transition to happen automatically, choose the Auto Transition Interval (seconds)
        (Set your desired options. The number of seconds at the bottom is default 0. Set it to 0 and there will be a static gallery, otherwise set your desired interval)

6) Click Finish.
    If you Preview, you'll be able to see the transition in action!

Note: Please continue to enable the mobile gallery. In the mobile editor, you may be asked to enable the mobile custom editor. If asked, you will need to enable that to set the gallery.

7) Go to the mobile editor.

8) Find the gallery on the page and click on it. Then on advanced.

9) Click on settings.

10) Click on All items in in one page to turn it off.

11) Set the number of images to display per page and you can also set the gallery transitions.

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

7 years ago

Is there a way to turn off the ability for the user to click it so it acts more like a slider instead of a photo gallery?

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

Took a few hours but I figured it out! Hover effects and popup when clicked need to be off. This new platform is excellent!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Happy to hear it Jonathan. I will keep trying to add topics as I can, but feel free to start any you need as well.

17 Messages

• 

762 Points

7 years ago

If I added a bunch of images instead of a gallery (because I couldn't see how to resize the pictures in the gallery to show the whole pictures if at a smaller scale- it kept cutting heads and feet, adjusting height and width didn't do it-) can I still do this?. Because I'm clicking at everythign clickable and I can't select all the images at once.
If it has to be a gallery instead of many images, then how can I have a gallery that will let me resize pictures so they are not automatically cropped one way or another? That they appear smaller but showing the full picture? Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Try clicking on manage gallery. Then select an image. You can try the Layout option. Fit should work, or you can edit the image.

If your original images are very different is size and orientation it might have a strange look. Images in a slideshow should all be the same size.

17 Messages

• 

762 Points

So just to double check I need to change what I have now (many images added ) for a gallery?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I'm sorry, it depends on what you want. If you placed manay images instead of a gallery, you can leave the images there as static pictures. If you want to have a slideshow, then you do need a galley.

17 Messages

• 

762 Points

I'm sorry, it's taking me an incredible amount of time to get this done and I can't seems to, way too complicated. Can I suggest  an easier way where you can just resize the images with arrows?. I have now clicked on adding a gallery (4 images) there's no way I can resize them that I can see (no arrows to pull, no settings with measures). I can't find the layout option on this one either (clicked add+ then image gallery).

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Which page is the gallery on? I'll take a look.

17 Messages

• 

762 Points

7 years ago

Fixed thanks. Used a gallery type that barely cropped the pics.

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

7 years ago

I would like to add a slideshow to my website, but my Website Manager looks nothing like the screen shots in this tutorial, and I cannot find gallery settings anywhere. Why is that??

1 Message

• 

60 Points

same issue with me, it is taking forever just to have a slide show on the page.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

In Websitebuilder a slideshow can be set up using a gallery and adjusting the transition settings. What part are you having trouble with?

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

7 years ago

If you aren't seeing the images above then you are probably using a different builder. The images are from the new Websitebuilder. The desktop version and SiteBuilder + do not off a slideshow capability.

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

Thank you for your reply!  I have the new builder now!

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

Happy Web Site Building!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

You can also use some third party slideshow maker like http://www.comslider.com and embed it with snippet code....

6 Messages

• 

242 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Scrolling Images.

How do I create an element that scrolls images?

6 Messages

• 

242 Points

6 years ago

I know how to create an Image Gallery, but I'm looking to create a scrolling banner type slideshow, not a single image at a time, so that the images continuously scroll across the top.  I've done it before, but can't seem to find it again.  Thanks for your help

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

There was an element in Sitebuilder for scrolling, but Websitebuilder only has the slideshow. You can use the transitions, set to slide instead of fade, but 1 second interval is the shortest available.

6 Messages

• 

242 Points

Hmm ... Do you know if I could copy and paste the element from the old website to the new website and make it still work?

Thanks again for your help. That was a great feature. I'm very sad they removed it 8-(

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Unfortunately not. The elements are not interchangeable.

6 Messages

• 

242 Points

Thanks. I was able to copy the element to a new blank page and redirect.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Great idea.

25 Messages

• 

716 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Slide show with Website Builder.

Can a slide show be created in section A of the home page in the Website Builder?  I know it's an option with Site Builder but I'm not able to find the option in Website Builder.  Thanks for the help.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

You can create add an image gallery and add the transitions to it to make a slideshow affect. Take a look at the article above.

6 Messages

• 

428 Points

6 years ago

Is there a way to allow the visitor an option to pause the slideshow? (besides the popup option)

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If they click on an image it will go to a photo gallery that allows them to manually scroll. Unfortunately there is no pause button.

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

6 years ago

I know how to make the slideshow for the website, but is there a way for it to work as a slideshow on the mobile side?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Go to the mobile editor and select the gallery. Turn on the custom style. On the settings, turn off All items on 1 page. Set the number of items to 1 and select the desired gallery transitions.

9 Messages

• 

330 Points

6 years ago

Don't know if I'm blind or crazy, but I'm not seeing the "image gallery". I'm using the desktop version of sitebuilder. Is the image gallery only available in the online version of sitebuilder?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Belinda2717, it is not available in either Sitebuilder program. It is only available in our new online Websitebuilder.

9 Messages

• 

330 Points

Can we access it through our account, download , or what?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You have to create a new site and choose a design.

9 Messages

• 

330 Points

ok, thanks!

25 Messages

• 

988 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled On Websitebuilder, how do I add a slideshow?.

On Websitebuilder, how do I add a slideshow? 

8 Messages

• 

234 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I create my own slideshow with unlimited images on site builder? Or alternati....

Can I create my own slideshow with unlimited images on site builder? Or alternative solution? 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 years ago

Am I the only one that can’t figure this out? I’m following all of the directions however it just doesn’t seem to be coming out as the sample. Help me someone , anyone , please . 

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello, 

I would recommend deleting the image gallery you currently have and starting over, following these instructions step by step. If you continue to have trouble, I might recommend you call to walk through this with an agent:

1-800-710-1998