homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, September 18th, 2019 4:55 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Edit and Link Button

WebsiteBuilder: Edit and Link Button
To link a button on your Website Builder site, 

1. Add a button by clicking Elements, Button, and choose the type of button you want. 

**To change the button name, double click on the button, it will show a blinking cursor allowing you to delete the word "button" and replace with the desired text. 

2. When you place the button in the desired location, you will see the editing bar appear. Select attach link.

3. A window will come up with all your linking options. Choose the circle next to the type of link you would like to use, if you want it to open in a new tab, then choose where it links to. You will do this by choosing the page, adding the URL, email, or phone number, or choosing the document. Then, click OK

For this example we are linking to a website page. Select the small arrow to view all current website pages, select the desired page and hit okay. 

Your button is now linked to a website page. 

18 Messages

• 

364 Points

4 years ago

How do you change the button name?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Double click on the button and it will show a blinking cursor allowing you to delete the word button and replace with the desired text. 

6 Messages

• 

284 Points

Can you change the button text color from white to another color?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Yes you can, select the button, click more>advanced>style and change the text color. 

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

attach a link options stay grayed out.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Are you single clicking on the button? I am able to see the attach link option active. It may also be a browser compatibility issue, if you are using internet explorer or edge try using google chrome or Firefox.

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

4 years ago

My buttons are not working properly.   When moving the mouse quickly over a shaded button, it doesn't activate, doesn't go to the link.   Has anyone else had this  problem?   Is there a fix?

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

4 years ago

Nevermind!   There was an empty textbox blocking the button!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Glad you figured this out. :)

3 Messages

• 

202 Points

4 years ago

I am trying to set up a form for people to submit their names and email addresses. I linked each element (name, email and message) and the link button to the same email address. When hovering over the submit button it says the correct email address. When I click on submit nothing happens and I do not get an email. What am I doing wrong? Linda M
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

4 years ago

Hello,

It sounds like the link may be only adding the link to the submit button. Remove that link, then selecting the entire form and update the email address under settings. 

21 Messages

• 

770 Points

3 years ago

Not allowing me to set link to my email.  Why?