susan2829's profile

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

Saturday, March 18th, 2017 10:27 PM

Closed

Skeletonizing Sites

Drew I know you closed the previous post concerning the sites that are skeletonizing (for lack of a better word) when they first open, but I believe it needs to stay active to keep everyone aware and for you to be able to pass along to the developers. Yesterday after giving you the run down on my sites when I said 1 was doing it and 2 weren't, those two started coming up in skeleton mode as well.

What had I done differently? Absolutely nothing on one site - haven't touched it since it was launched. On the other one I added galleries and a To Top button in the footer. I pulled that and it made no difference.

Someone brought up the question of whether eliminating all the elements to have a blank page might be leaving behind some code that could be the cause. I started a new site, stripped it, published and viewed the source code. There is still some on there, but I believe it's just standard code that carries the necessities. So, to carry on the experiment I added a very simple navigation and guess what? It skeletonized.

I hesitate to say this for fear of jinxing it, but so far, knock on wood, grab the rabbit's foot, it is only doing it in Fire Fox not Chrome or Internet Explorer. But David's site experiences it in all except Safari.

Some webmasters aren't going to realize what it's doing, but I'm hoping more will check and report back because it's the squeaking wheel that gets fixed! For anyone who doesn't know what skeletonizing is here's an image of David's site and what the visitor sees immediately upon the site opening vs what they should be seeing which is a regular looking website.

It's time to put your foot on the neck of the developers!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

No Responses!