homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:42 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Here's how you find the file manger:

1. Click on the Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or sitename at the top. Then, choose View File Manager from the drop-down menu.

Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here's how you find the file manger:

1. Click on the Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or sitename at the top. Then, choose View File Manager from the drop-down menu.

8 Messages

• 

314 Points

I can't get this to work. When I click Edit Site my site opens immediately rather than giving me the optional selections shown in the above answer

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

After you click the Edit button, then look to the top of the page and click on your domain name. You'll then get the menu shown above.

8 Messages

• 

314 Points

Where? Once I have clicked on "edit" my web site opens for editing immediately and I don't see my domain name at the top of the page, Do you mean on the URL? If so that doesn't work either. Can you please be more specific as to where I am supposed to see my domain name once the page has opened for editing?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Yes, your domain name/URL. Scroll down and take a look at the image posted by Greetmir8286

When you click on your domain name, it will expose the menu with the option to open the File Manager

8 Messages

• 

314 Points

Got it!

Thanks

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

11 years ago

I am not show View File Manager need delete old photo Clean out

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Elizabeth2630,

I'm so sorry for the delay in response - Are you still having trouble viewing your file manager?

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

166 Points

Go to your web page at the top where your www.yoursitename click on that and you should see your site manager in that area.

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

you know I found, but everytime I want go it! I don't see it all the time. It not on the all the time.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Elizabeth, The File Manager link should always be there, if it's not displaying then we may need to do some troubleshooting. If you notice it missing again, let us know which web browser you are using and we"ll see if it's related to that. Thanks!
Mike

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

when I click on my domain name it opens the box and all my web sites are listed and I click on the one I am trying to work on and nothing happens.

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

11 years ago

Same here

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Elizabeth2630,

Please let me know if you're still having trouble removing a specific image or file.

Thank you,
Ehsan

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

I found it. How it's my Facebook is not working.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Elizabeth2630,

I saw you have the Facebook follow button on one of your websites and it seems to be working correctly. Do you still need help with this?

Thanks!

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

170 Points

11 years ago

This needs to be more easily accessible.

25 Messages

• 

6.6K Points

HI St. Frances3410- Thanks for the feedback! I've included it for review by our product and design team.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I agree. Add a file manager button on the same line as the SAVE, PREVIEW, PUBLISH, etc. buttons.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

I agree....I can't find the file manager tab no matter what I do.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Try using Chrome or Firefox as your browser.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

I finally found it....you have to open up the website from the site manager page  and then find the name in the right hand corner and then click on it....not just be on the website manager page....you guys forget a lot of people are dummies here so you need to go click by click by click as if you are talking to a 2 yr old. 

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Can I upload and use a website I created entirely in Dreamweaver?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Website Created Using Dreamweaver.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

How do you do this?

Deleting pictures from file.

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

im needing to upload a file HTML from goodle to verify my webpage. how do i upload a file to my webpage?

im needing to upload a file HTML from goodle to verify my webpage. how do i upload a file to my webpage?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Once you are on the File Manager screen, you'll see an Import button on the top menu. Click the Import button and you'll be prompted to upload the file from your computer. After you import the file, you can also publish it from this screen.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Can I upload a site that I built offline and use it as my Homestead Site? That would include all pages such as Index, contact etc.

Upload.

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

11 years ago

I found it

1 Message

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

I have multiple files I use to store images for my website. I need to delete some unused images from my files and also to move some images from one file to another. for example: I have a file named beer and a file named soda. how would I move an image in the soda file to the beer file, also I have images in my soda file I no longer use and would like to remove them from this file permanently.

thanks
mike

how do I delete unused files from my image upload files?.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

how do i upload file for bing.

9 Messages

• 

494 Points

11 years ago

Can I upload my own HTML site?.

Can I upload my own HTML site?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Yes... you can upload your own site using the file manager in our SiteBuilder program. If you need more details or guidance let us know.

9 Messages

• 

494 Points

Thanks Mike and I'm sorry that you had to move my topic, I'm new here. Sorry

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

No problem at all.. feel free to post or ask questions!

Mike

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

I have built a new website using Adobe software. How do I upload it to Homestead.

Just built a new website using Adobe Muse. How do I upload a functioning version of it to homestead?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You will probably find this thread helpful also. It shows a short video on how to drag and drop files if you have a lot of files/page to upload.

https://community.homestead.com/homes...

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Tell me why I am paying for a service which restricts how I build my website. I built a website. I uploaded the site using file manager. I published the pages. but nothing shows up. I DON'T WANT TO BUILD A WEBSITE USING HOMESTEAD. I DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Joe8848, Sorry for your frustration. Can you please explain what you mean. I see that you've imported your own html files which I'm assuming you created with the Adobe Muse which you mention above. If that is the case, we are not restricting you on the way you build your site. If your site is not working (showing up), then you likely do not have the imported files in the correct structure. They need to match exactly as they were on your computer before you uploaded them. This would be true for any hosting company that you use. I noticed that you do have an index file in the root folder but all of your other html files are in a sub folder named "files" which may, or may not be correct, but if you look in that folder you'll see that you actually don't have all your files published.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How to delete files.

I recently went from xp pro to windows 7 .with xp it was simple to delete files but now It seems I cannot file the file manager . so How do you delete unwanted files

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you've switched to the Plus version, then you delete the files the same way, but you have to access the File Manger a little differently. Follow the steps above and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Mike

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

11 years ago

This first set of instructions shows how to open File Manager from our original desktop SiteBuilder. The second set of instructions below is for opening File Manager using SiteBuilder Plus (the web based version).

If you are using the desktop version of SiteBuilder, you will click a link on the left side of the window like shown below.

If the File Manager link is not showing in this location, then you may have closed the Sidebar. To reopen the Sidebar click View > SiteBuilder Bar > Show SiteBuilder Bar, and it will be restored.

Thanks!

Mike