homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, July 13th, 2015 4:01 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Archive

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Archive

You can create an archive of your site and download it to your computer for backup purposes. The process is simple.

1. Log in to your account at http://www.homestead.com
  2. Click on Websites Manager.(If you have multiple sites, select the one you wish to archive from the drop-down)
  3. Under the Edit site button, click on "More" Then click on Create new site archive file.

4. When the archive has completed(time depends on site size), a Download site archive link will appear under the More link in Websites manager(a refresh of the page may be required) Click this link to download the site and save it to your desired location on your local drive.

5. The archive file is unencrypted and can be opened using an easily obtained program, like 7zip, gzip, or Winrar.
  6. If you have a need to restore some files, you may extract the archive onto your computer and use Sitebuilder Plus' file manager to upload the files. Once uploaded you will need to publish as usual to make the files live. At the time, pages can not be restored. Only images, and other miscellaneous files.

Important Note: Only 1 copy of the archive will be stored on our server. When you create a new archive the old one will be overwritten. After creating a new archive, you should download the archive and save it to your computer. You may save as many archives to your computer as you like, just be sure to keep multiple site versions well marked so you know which you might want to restore.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I save my images.

I am wanting to change the look and feel of my website ... choosing a new design. Can I save my pictures to a folder?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can create a backup of your site shown above. This will have all your images and files in a zip file if you need to get them back.

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Exporting files used to create a club web site.

Many years ago I created a web site for the paragliding and hang gliding club that I belong to: http://whgpc.homestead.com/  Another club member has now developed a new web site: http://whgpc.org.nz/  He has asked: "Could you send me in a .zip all the files from previous website so I can transfer it to new host?  We can setup a redirection for Google bots to new website."   So - how do I go about doing the first part of this?
Cheers
Kris

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

Thanks!  Most useful!!  :)

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

... and I discovered the answer to my next question about creating a site map here on the Homestead Community!  :)

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how can I download images from file manager?.

I would like to bulk download my images that were previously uploaded to folders in file manager. Please let me know how I can do this. I can move the files from one folder to another but can't see how to move or copy them to my desktop. Thanks.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can create a backup of your entire site that will include all of you images in the guide above.

3 Messages

• 

182 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Program files under windows 10 ?.

How do I find my index files on windows 10. I have old photos that I want to return to my pages

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

paul2284,

When using the online Sitebuilder, files are not stored locally. They are stored in the cloud. You can archive and download the entire site by following these instructions

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I take my video off my website. I have lost my original and want to have ....

I have had my website for 5 years now and need to take my video off of my website. I have lost my original video and need to put back on my computer.

22 Messages

• 

440 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled download website files.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copy site.

how do I make a copy of my site so I can move it to another server

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Gail7077, you can download an archive of your pages and files, but it isn't likely going to work on any other service. Our system of elements is unique to the Sitebuilder program.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to export all of the files to a folder on my desktop?.

I am moving my site to a wordpress format and would prefer not having to re-create everything.  Is there a way to export or download all my files/pages so I can import them into wordpress?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can download them, but you will need to create the pages in Wordpress. Our pages will not be compatible as our element system is different than theirs.

6 Messages

• 

202 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I download a copy of all my data pages.

closeing down the site and would like to save all data files and pages.  How do I do this please?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to download files from the File Manager.

I want to download all files (images, pdf and etc.) form the File Manager to my computer to I can properly store them.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how can i get video files off of the website to convert to another format?.

I need to get a video file out of my files on my website to convert it to another format.  I don't have it anywhere but on the website. How can I get it off the site and back on my computer

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i export all my pics.

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

7 years ago

Hi
I created a backup of my site but it looks odd when I view it. I read somewhere that all of the info is not backed up, (like the pages). Is the site totally backed up in case of some extreme problem that would cause me to have to totally restore or reload the site?
Thanks
Mike Stotts

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The entire site is archived and downloaded, including the pages. However, it is not possible to upload the pages since it would cause problems if the code was altered. You would have all the images and things, but would need to recreate the pages.

21 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Will we ever get ftp back. Thousands of files I need to keep, too many to downlo....

Please give us ftp back. Not so I can leave homestead, never will, but NEED this capability to backup files.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I do not believe this will happen any time soon, but this topic shows you how to create and download an archive file of all files on the site.

21 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

thank you, thank you, thank you Drew!  (why didn't I know that?)

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome.

9 Messages

• 

274 Points

unfortunately, it appears that whoever is "merging" the Q&A on the forums is leaving out the answers. I can see from theabove texts that a question was asked and Fancy P was happy about the answer, but the actual answer is missing from the conversation!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The answer is the topic this was merged to. Look to the top of the page for instructions on creating a Sitebuilder Plus archive.

3 Messages

• 

228 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Export items from file manager to desktop.

I would like to pull a few files that I lost from my old laptop but are saved on the File Manager in Homestead.  How can I export multiple files at once to to save to my new laptop?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Carolyn2658, You will create and download and archive of all files.