homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:47 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Delete a Page

Sitebuilder Plus: Delete a Page
Here are instructions to delete a page from your website.

1. Click Websites Manager link in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. At the top, click on your domain name or sitename and choose View File Manager.

3. Within your file manager you will see all your pages, images, files, etc... Select the page you don't want any more and click on the delete icon in the top menu bar.

4. Note: If you delete a page, you may need to also remove it from your navigation menu.

5. Save and Publish your website to see the page deleted.

Hope that helps!
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to delete a page from your website.

1. Click Websites Manager link in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. At the top, click on your domain name or sitename and choose View File Manager.

3. Within your file manager you will see all your pages, images, files, etc... Select the page you don't want any more and click on the delete icon in the top menu bar.

4. Note: If you delete a page, you may need to also remove it from your navigation menu. Learn how to delete site navigation links.

5. Save and Publish your website to see the page deleted.

Hope that helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.

4 Messages

• 

296 Points

11 years ago

How do you delete the home/index page? If you want to preserve the site work for possible reuse/reposting, but at least want to temporarily disable access by URL and search?

59 Messages

• 

28.3K Points

Hi Jim6699,

I would recommend renaming your home/index page to index1. Within the editing software, click on the down arrow next to Save in the top toolbar and chose save as. Once you've renamed your homepage to something else, you can alter your index page to Under Construction and remove all the links. Once you are ready for it to go live again, go to your index1 page and rename it back to index.

Hope that helps!

Chris

4 Messages

• 

296 Points

Thanks, I had already renamed the index page and saved it under the new name...I didn't want "under construction"...but I might use the 404 page instead, since I want the site to show as essentially 'not there'. If the index page could be truly deleted this would be the result. I was trying to see if there was an override that allowed a real delete of the index page. Thanks again...

59 Messages

• 

28.3K Points

Hi Jim6699,

Sorry for the confusion. You are correct that if you removed the index page you will get the siteerror404 page. ^chris

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I have more than 5 pages so I need to deleate one of them

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how do i deleate a page.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi rworldtr -

Thanks for writing in! The post above should help you.

Thanks,
aubrey

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

I have a two page website but when I try to publish it says I have reached my three page limit. How do I Delete the Unwanted and Unneeded Page

How do I Delete a Page from Website.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi EntertainmentUnlimited -

The steps above should help you delete pages from your File Manager. Please keep in mind that your homepage needs to be named "Index".

Thanks,
Aubrey

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how can i delete a page.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Hi can some advise me please, I've saved a page and now can't remove it..

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

11 years ago

How do I correct one page on the published web pages.

I need to correct a word on our published site ...when I corrected it on site builder and pushed to publish just that page...it said I already have my 5 allowed pages....I don't want to add a page, only correct it? Help!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I have two 'home' pages just alike and I would like to delete one. How do I do that?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

how to delete pages?.

I"m creating pages. How do I delete the services page?

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

10 years ago

I cannot delete my pages!!!!.

They are being posted on my website and I don't want them to!!!!!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

angie9371

Try the process here. Let us know where you are running into problems.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

10 years ago

Delete pages cause error messages.

I can not delete the pages I am not using. When customer service helped me months ago, they put on these extra pages and did not delete. Now I can't update my site. Please delete ALL unused pages.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hello lanaturalhaircareexpo5482,

Here is how to delete a page.  Try to remove the pages you are not using and let us know if you have a problem, and any errors you receive.

Thanks

Drew

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Deleting a page.

How do I delete a Page?

5 Messages

• 

204 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do you delete a page.

How do I delete a page from site builder?

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

4 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I delete a page?.