homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:33 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML
Here is how you can add a widget or HTML code to your website:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

3. The HTML placeholder will automatically go to the upper left corner of your page. Click and drag the element to where you want it on your page.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Remove the current text in the small window and copy in the html code you have for your widget.

6. Save and Publish your website to see your HTML widget on your website.

Important: You need to use preview mode or publish your site to view your HTML code or widget. You can't see HTML elements in edit mode.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here is how you can add a widget or HTML code to your website:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

3. The HTML placeholder will automatically go to the upper left corner of your page. Click and drag the element to where you want it on your page.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Remove the current text in the small window and copy in the html code you have for your widget.

6. Save and Publish your website to see your HTML widget on your website.

Important: You need to use preview mode or publish your site to view your HTML code or widget. You can't see HTML elements in edit mode.

12 Messages

• 

546 Points

This is exactly what I wanted to find out. However I would like to see the HTML on the page before it is saved and previewed or published so that I can see it on the page I am creating at all times. Wouldn't you? Hope Homestead will correct this. Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Anton7169,

This isn't really a fix, it was more of a design choice.  Sitebuilder was designed to avoid the use of HTML.  We added the HTML box, so we can deliver some flexibility to those who wish to use it.  Unfortunately, in order to see what the code does, you will need to preview it at least.  In some cases, you may even need to publish it, as your PC may be missing a component that a web server has that prevents the code from running properly in preview mode.

Thanks

Drew

12 Messages

• 

546 Points

Thanks Drew, From all the books I read on SEO and the use of HTML on web pages, it seems that using HTML should be given more weight in building a website. I strongly believe that the converted HTML document should be seen on the page we are building before it could be saved and previewed and published. Hope the company will give this a thought for the future. Thanks Anton 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I have passed your thoughts to the management and development team. 

Thanks for the comment.

Drew

12 Messages

• 

546 Points

Hi! Drew,

Thank you. Hope we will have some results. When we put all our labor to get a website done, we also like to have rich HTML key words that will bring the web pages to the top of search engines.

Thanks again, Anton  

2 Messages

• 

192 Points

11 years ago

Do I include the brackets? Sorry, but I included them and it will not verify? Dumb question maybe but it is still not quite right on my end.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
where do I paste the code for adding a pay pal button?.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Janie -

Once you have the code from paypal, you'll have to add the code into an HTML element. Please check out this post for more information.

If you have any more trouble, please let me know!

Thanks
Aubrey

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

11 years ago

I went to privacypolicy.com I have the html coed, ut the whole thing pastes to my page. How to add it correctly?

I need to add a privacy policy to my webpage..

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Angelica8607,

Welcome to the community!

If you need to add html to the head section of your page(s), you can find it by clicking Page Settings > Advance

I hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

I want to connect a direct update feed from my website to all of my social sites, but i can not find my websites rss feed address. can y'all help?

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately your website does not have an RSS feed url, you can only set one up for your blog.

What I'd recommend doing is using a social media management tool such as Hootsuite - This would allow you to create one message that you could post to all of your various social networks.

I hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

thanks i think i'll have a custom html designed

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

I inserted HTml code written with Accordion: Jquery but the sections were messed up. How do I insert Javascript?

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Dahlia7762,

Sorry for the delay - You can add javascript using the html element or by clicking the page info button > Advanced Tab

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

146 Points

11 years ago

where can I find the html box?

Where can I find the html element?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi John3933,

You can add html to the head section as well by clicking on Page Settings > Advanced.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

thanks all

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

You're welcome, Michael - Let us know if we can offer further assistance.

Thanks!

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

I publish website but only template shows up on domain. Does not show any of my changes such as pics, contact info, text boxes added .... no changes. All it shows is one pic i replaced from template.

Website not Publishing Changes, only shows Template.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi meyerstransportationsalvage3149,

Give this a try and let me know if the issue persists, thanks!

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

It did not work ....... www.meyerstransportationandsalvage.com as you can see only the template shows up with image added. None of my edits are on there.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to add links to me page and use html coes to display graphics? Is this not permissible or am I not seeing where you accomplish this? I have advertiser codes which will create commission if clicked through my website but I do not know whee I input these codes. Thank you

HTML codes and graphic links.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi jessefl802776,

You can also add html to the header of your page by clicking:

Page Settings > Advanced

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

how do I add a wigget?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Brenda9234,

This post has step by step instructions - If you need to add code to the header section, you can get there by:

Clicking Page Settings > Advanced

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

104 Points

Thank you, as this post helps me- years later. :)

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Im trying to copy code for a customized paypal button to use for my site. I do not know where to paste the copied code from paypal for that button so that once clicked my event's participants can utilize the dropdown features ive created for chosing shirt size

Paypal customized button.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Eric1099,

Sorry for the delay - Please use the instructions above to paste the code in an html element on your page.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

I added a fundraising thermometer widget to my site, and the first time it showed up correctly when I previewed/published it, but I deleted it to try something else, and when I tried to add the same widget again (did the exact same process) it does not show up even when I preview/publish the site...

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Fallonroark9859,

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Give that a try and let me know if that helps or not.

Thanks,
Ehsan

11 Messages

• 

358 Points

11 years ago

I'm able to enter "head" html. How do I enter "body" html as in WOW Slider app?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Our organization just became qualified as a non- profit. How do I add a page with a PayPal option to collect donations?

How do I add Paypal to my web site?.

9 Messages

• 

366 Points

11 years ago

Hello,

I have an html code for images for floating balloons to appear on my webpage, and after i place the code on my site, the images of the balloons stay stuck in the top left corner of my website. I know the code is fine because i've used it on a test website, and it works perfectly fine there.

Please help.

Html Floating Image stuck in left hand corner.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago