Setting up a new email account issue

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

I added a new email address but it doesn't show any messages in the inbox, even ones i sent from this account to itself. Can anyone help? Thanks you.
Photo of Alexander5076

Alexander5076

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • need some help

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can take a look at this for you. What email address is not displaying the emails?
Photo of Alexander5076

Alexander5076

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello William,

Thank you for your response! The address is:
contact@kalmatron.com

I'm able to send emails from this address, but messages are not delivered to it.

Helen
(Edited)
Photo of William S

William S

It looks like your mail records, or MX records, are currently not pointing to us. It looks like they are pointing to Google email services.
Photo of Danni2136

Danni2136

• 926 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Can you please check mine as well? It was working up until yesterday, I have several emails for other websites that work fine, it's just this one info@ventcovers.com .  I can send but not receive, also , changed the nameservers yesterday, maybe I messed something up?
Thanks so much!
(Edited)
Photo of William S

William S

Sure thing. So when you changed the nameservers to the BigCommerce store, the email is disconnected. We would need to add our email records into the BigCommerce store so the email comes back online. This can be fairly confusing as we do have a lot of records we need to add. If you make a private conversation, I can help you add these records for you.
Photo of Danni2136

Danni2136

• 926 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Sorry, I tried making it a private conversation with you, however, I don't see that option. 
Photo of William S

William S

You can't do so here, you would have to make a new post on the home community page.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.