Lost E-mail addresses

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Since the change in the e-mail system I do not seem to have my e-mail addresses. No matter which way I go in the e-mail address is not there. I have a list of names if I go in the contact file. If I start a new e-mail and click on To I do not even have that. Right now the ones I have are what I have collected the last couple of days. Can we get back my original contacts?
Photo of Laureen7841

Laureen7841

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Laureen7841,

It seems like you are referring to the auto-fill option that was in Zimbra "("the old email system). Any of those email addresses would not have been moved to the new system, unless they had actually been saved and then moved to the new system. Only email contacts that you had saved to the address book in Zimbra would have been moved to the new system.

As far as the auto-fill feature of OpenXchange (the new system), it will only display or pull in from the "Display Name" of your saved contacts. So you would want to make sure that any of your contacts, saved in OX, have a display name as well.

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of Laureen7841

Laureen7841

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
They were saved in the address book in the old system. I have been looking through the New system to see if I can find them and all I am finding is a list of names with no e-mail address with them. These are all of my customers that it looks like have just been lost!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have reopened your old email box. You can log in at http://mail.homesteadmail.com and click Webmail in the top right. You can look to the address book and see if they are there. If so, go to the export option and make sure you save them.

We can try to migrate again, but if we do so, ti will delete any contacts and calendar items you have added in the new system, so either way there will likely be some manual entry required.

Drew
Photo of Paula6535

Paula6535

• 494 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am missing a lot of old emails as well as addresses. Not all of them but some. It is making it difficult to keep in touch with clients because I can't find old emails between us OR their email address.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Which email address is missing data?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.