homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:10 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Files

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Files
Here are instructions to add a downloadable file to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert button in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and click on File.

3. Choose Upload from Computer and locate the file on your computer or browse your file manager if you have already uploaded it.

4. On the right, in File Settings customize the Link Text and Icon of the file.

5. Drag the file to where you would like it on your webpage.

6. Save and Publish your website to see the downloadable file on your website.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to add a downloadable file to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert button in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and click on File.

3. Choose Upload from Computer and locate the file on your computer or browse your file manager if you have already uploaded it.

4. On the right, in File Settings customize the Link Text and Icon of the file.

5. Drag the file to where you would like it on your webpage.

6. Save and Publish your website to see the downloadable file on your website.
  7. .

6 Messages

• 

224 Points

I am new to sitebuilder, but once I know which questions to ask, answers are really helpful. This answer helped me a lot.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Martha3938,

We're glad it helped! And by all means, feel free to search the community for questions already asked or post new ones.

Thanks,
Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

This instruction did not result in a downloadable file, but rather simply displayed the file in the browser. I need to protect a copyrighted digital product. This did not do the trick.

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

Unfortunately, the url of the file (in my case, a copyrighted work) is displayed in the browser window--easy to copy and distribute to friends, etc. There goes any profit. I need a better solution!

4 Messages

• 

260 Points

Nicole, I need the same functionality and am looking at a way to integrate the Microsoft File Download Manager into my Homestead site.

2 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

Have created a "fillable" application form in PDF format for "paperless" functionality. How do I make it available for site users to either print the application for conventional mailing or fill the application online and email it to our business email?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How to add/attach a fillable PDF form to the site?.

11 Messages

• 

382 Points

Hello Nancy: I was just going through message & came across yours. Were you able to attach a fillable PDF form to your site? I need something like that as well & I'm not having any luck getting it done.....Thanks, Teri
Have a Fabulous & Blessed Day!

4 Messages

• 

410 Points

If you'll follow all of the above instructions, you can either right click on the file to save it to your desktop or simply go to your browser window under "File" then "Save As" and that will download it to your desktop or where ever it needs to be.

4 Messages

• 

410 Points

Sorry, I couldn't open the saved file on my desktop so am still trying to figure it out.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi folks, These instructions should instruct you how to add the pdf to the website. As far as I know you need Adobe Acrobat Professional to create a pdf that can be filled out electronically.

Drew

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Ken Tuna, If you couldn't open a saved copy by double clicking it, do you receive an error?

Drew

2 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

How can I make a label that will link to an Employment Application Form?.

4 Messages

• 

196 Points

11 years ago

What is the best way to load a document on the website with multiple pages

Loading multiple pages onto the website.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi tim3498,

Using the steps above will allow you to add a document (doesn't matter if it is multiple pages or not) to your site that your visitors can download/view.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

6 Messages

• 

312 Points

I just sent a questions about this but forgot to mention the problem is that I uploaded a 20 page word doc and it just shows an icon but when I click/double click it will not open. Thank you

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

11 years ago

I have a word document that I want to have on our site and I need to have them fill it out and send it to our email. How do I put that on our site? They can type right on the form.

Adding an editable form.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Diane1030,

Welcome to the community!

Using the instructions above will allow you add the word doc to your website so that your visitors can download and edit it, they could then email it as an attachment to you.

You can also build a custom form in sitebuilder:
+insert > More > Build a custom form

*if you're going to ask for sensitive information, you may want to look into using a secure form from a 3rd party and adding that to your site.

hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

9 Messages

• 

386 Points

11 years ago

i unintentionally moved folders around and now i can't get the files back to their original locations. I can't upload pdf files. help?

Moved files, can't find easy way to upload pdf files any more....

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi landingsyc1398,

Welcome to the community!

Please use the instructions above to add a document to your site.

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

5 Messages

• 

166 Points

11 years ago

When I try to download a Word doc to my website, the "paint brush" item comes up. What can I do to get my Word doc uploaded??

Paint Brush.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Sue4874,

Welcome-- Using the instructions above will place a link on your page that your visitors can click to download/view the word document.

Let me know if I can offer further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

160 Points

11 years ago

None of these answers how to post a PDF NOT ON A PAGE. FACEBOOK IS LAME and won't accept PDFs only JPGs. PDF converts into multiple pages. GEEZ!

So I would rather use Homestead and not SCRIBD to do this.

HELP

5 Messages

• 

166 Points

11 years ago

I don't necessarily want to place a link on my page for downloading. What I want is to place the Word doc itself on my page but everytime I try to download the file onto my page the "paint brush" shows up instead of my Word doc. What can I do to make my document download?

5 Messages

• 

166 Points

11 years ago

How long do I have to wait for a reply to my ?. Since I can't ever reach a person on the Intuit phone #, is there anyway to get some response from Intuit. Hello???? Anyone home????

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I am trying to upload a file I saved in msword as a web file. The file contains text and graphics. How do I do this? I am trying to edit my Home page

Harry

editing web pages.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Harry,

You can only add a document as a downloadable file on your site, you cannot import a word (or any document) and have it open in Sitebuilder.

If you'd like your document to be visible on your site, you can do this by taking a screenshot of your document and adding it as an image.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

May 11, 2013 - These instructions worked fine a month ago when I uploaded 9 .pdf files and a .wma file using the "insert file" function. A few days ago I checked my site and tried to open these files. The .wma file was okay, but with the .pdf's, instead of opening, as they did before, I'm now asked where I'd like to save the file on my computer ... What gives? I uploaded a few of them again to my site, but they still won't open. I really need an answer to this as this situation makes my site practically irrelavent... Thank you. I await your reply.

11 Messages

• 

382 Points

11 years ago

Help: I built a print & fax form to add to our website. I can't get it to post now to our website. How in the world do I get that done? I tried to build a form directly, but it doesn't come up in the order that I built it.

Adding a word doc. to website.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Teri0820,

You can use the instructions above to add a document to your site. This will add a link to your site which the visitor can click to open and view/download to their computer.

Please let me know if you need further assistance, thanks.

Ehsan

6 Messages

• 

312 Points

Please help to clarify: I created a 20 pages guide for people to open and read from a page on my website. The document is currently in Word. Is this possible? If not, what can I do? Convert it to another format? Were you saying to the person above that the whole document would be pasted, like a picture, to the webpage? Don't get how that would work.  Thank you!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I would suggest saving the document as a pdf file, and then adding the link.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

I am not able to see the file (powerpoint) when I go on the site and click the content still

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Philip1852,

What page is the powerpoint file located on? I saw the 2 pdf files on the About page. Please let me know if you're still unable to view the file and where it's located.

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

124 Points

11 years ago

Wanting to upload our church bulletin to the website....don't see anything that shows.

How do I upload a PDF file to my church website?.