homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

I don't have links on my page. What do I do???

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Good steps to follow to edit page name

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Glad it helped.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

Hello!

My site isn't letting me add an existing page to my navigation menu - when I hit 'browse' to choose one of my pages, it the whole thing just closes and returns to the page I'm editing....any ideas on this issue?

Thanks a bunch!!

3 Messages

• 

242 Points

11 years ago

Why is there only a 23 character limit on the navigation names?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

I also find this is not an improvement. Go back to the old program.

2 Messages

• 

200 Points

11 years ago

I changed the name on the navigation but now I have the whole bar on top too and don't know how to delete it

2 Messages

• 

200 Points

11 years ago

how do i delete a second bar showing up on my page

2 Messages

• 

190 Points

11 years ago

hi there
i deleted my navigation bar on my page i want to recover it but do not know how too i am still in progress on finis my page i did not publish it yet still have alot to add before i publish it so can some one please help me.. than you

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

When I go to my site and click on a link it opens up to a new tab in my browser. How can I change that so it stays on the same tab and just changes to that new page?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
my links open to a new tab how do i change that back.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi tbaumann3474,

Welcome to the community!

When you click on Edit Link, there will be an option to open in same window or new window, select same window. After click okay, save/publish and the changes to take effect immediately.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

192 Points

11 years ago

The entire site does not open. I have redone all the steps and still the last four pages don't show when I try to open the site.

Pages not opening..

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Diane6607,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like the last four links are associated with the wrong page names. Follow the instructions above and select the correct pages names. Be sure to save and publish after linking them to the correct page names.

Thanks!

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

192 Points

I went into the site and followed the instructions. It still does not show the last four pages. Your directions don't make sense to me. Help!!!

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Diane6607,

The last four navigation links are not associated to pages that exist.

Follow the instructions at the top of this post to edit your links.

When you click edit link, click Browse (existing page or file) and then select the the page it should be linked to.

For example, if you click on your About Us link, you'll see it is associated with the page called about.html - the last few links are associated to page names that do not exist.

I hope this helps clarify, let me know if I can offer further assistance.

Thanks!

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

222 Points

11 years ago

I am having same problem. It keeps telling me to provide HTML link for a navigation button to be created. WTF ? I have no clue..what happened to the nav button I had. It disappeared when I had to deleted 2 additional pages I wasn't aware I couldn't have..since my limit is 3 and now my nav button is gone and can't figure it out..I need a number to live chat or I'm gone. This is becoming way too much work..

59 Messages

• 

28.3K Points

Hi yolobloggers,

Sorry for the delay. It appears you were able to add the navigation menu back onto your website. Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues I can help with.

Thanks!

Chris

2 Messages

• 

164 Points

11 years ago

How do I link my menu buttons so they go to the correct page.

7 Messages

• 

286 Points

11 years ago

If I copy a page template (in this case, About Us), give it its own name (Product Features), how do I add the page shortcut to the home page along with the standard ones?

Adding a page - how do I add shortcut to the home page menu?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Janice7134,

Welcome - It looks like you've already spoken with someone. For future reference, you can use the instructions above to edit your navigation menu. You would just need to click the + sign to add a new link.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

7 Messages

• 

286 Points

That's correct, I did speak with someone, but he created a menu button for the page I want to add in a template he liked that it turns out, my boss doesn't like. When I go back to the original template, the menu button and page don't show. I thought I could go back to the template with the button and copy the footer info to add to the template I DO want, but there's nothing in the footer that makes any sense. So, I STILL want instructions on how to add a menu button for the page I added. And I DON'T have the sitebuilder referenced above, so please don't point me there.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Janice7134,

I apologize for the delay -

Click on your existing navigation menu and click the links tab in the properties editor on the right hand side. Use the Plus sign to add a new link or click on an existing button in the link list to edit it.

To add a new menu, click on the design & links button > Site Navigation Menu

Thanks!
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I added a page to my website "Photo Gallery", then I added the pics to the page but they won't publish. When I click on the photo gallery link it takes me out of the site to Net Assistant web page. what am I doing wrong?

Photo Gallery.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Lee0469,

It looks like it's a minor typo and should be a quick and easy fix. The link currently goes to Photo-Gallery.html, which does not exist, the actual name of your page is PhotoGallery.html.

Follow the instructions above to edit the link and associate it with the correct page name, then save and publish.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

After adding a new webpage, while the tab for the page shows on the site, only a message indicating the page wasn't found is displayed. back in sitebuilder, the page doesnt show, but when I hit Preview, the priview shows what I had built. How do I get the page to show in Sitebuilder and on the published site.

Invisible webpage.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi dhansen7378,

Your Events navigation button is linked to a page called page titled blank, which is why you're seeing that error page.

Please use the directions above to edit the link and associate it to your events page.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I edit the page description?

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Addie3261,

Sorry for the delay in response - You can edit the page description from within Sitbeuilder Plus.

Click Page Settings > Description

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

When I delete a page, the page deletes, but the name is still in the navigation bar; how do you removed the name from the navigation bar?

Deleting Page Name from Navigation Bar.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi loretta324856,

Use the minus sign to remove a link from the link list.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

I am having the same issue. I dont want to just delete the link, I want the whole name off. It looks retarded having a navigation button that dont work, especially since with my issue I have a bum navigation button that is a duplicate.

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

Never mind, thank you