homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:26 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Choose A New Design

Sitebuilder Plus: Choose A New Design
Here are instructions to change your template design for SITEBUILDER PLUS. Before switching your page design, make sure you really want to commit to rebuilding your site in a new template. You'll also want to make sure you still have local copies of any text, images, files, videos that you'll need to re-import onto your pages.

Important: You can look at different templates without starting over. However, when you select a new design. All pages and files in your existing website will be deleted.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.

2. Click Choose a different design.

3. Pick a new template.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to change your template design. Before switching your page design, make sure you really want to commit to rebuilding your site in a new template. You'll also want to make sure you still have local copies of any text, images, files, videos that you'll need to re-import onto your pages.

Important: You can look at different templates without starting over. However, when you select a new design. All pages and files in your existing website will be deleted.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.

2. Click Choose a different design.

3. Pick a new template.

6 Messages

• 

142 Points

How do I look at different templates before I decide to redesign my website? 

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello, 

Choosing a new design on your current site will delete all of your current sites content. Instead, I would suggest creating a new website to redesign your website and choosing a template there. 

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

@elyzabethv​ Thank you so much

1 Message

• 

160 Points

11 years ago

I used to have 100's of templates to pick from. That link only shows about 40.

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

did you find other several designs?

29 Messages

• 

32.3K Points

HI Jenny looks like you have commented on a post from 4 years ago , If you want info on your website I would create a new post so its current. See you there

1 Message

• 

192 Points

11 years ago

Agreed. We have had a website for some time, and I want to browse the gallery that is supposed to have 100's of templates to pick from. When you select "Choose A Different Design," you only get a few to pick from. I can't call Homestead because it's the weekend. How do you get to the other templates?

1 Message

• 

140 Points

11 years ago

I am having the same issue...where did all of the choices go??????

1 Message

• 

130 Points

11 years ago

Yes a bummer deal. I would like to know where they are at too. Other companies have hundreds to choose from. Now I count 32!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

All new templates are being developed for the new Sitebuilder Plus program. It is an online Sitebuilder. There are more templates available there.

You can request to be changed to the online Sitebuilder at any time. There is no charge, but to get access to the additional templates you will not be able to use the downloaded Sitebuilder any longer.

Thanks

Drew

7 Messages

• 

284 Points

I'm tempted to change the overall design of my site to accommodate some problems I have with the "headline" area which is akin to touching a subway's 3rd rail. Are all the main center block areas at the top divided (for whatever reason?) It makes changing colors to reflect seasons, etc. difficult as hell ... especially when you're trying to position a logo on one side and a changeable photo at the other.

With one exception, the rest of the page's bodies are fairly easy to work with, and the exception is ... where's that option for using the snap-line system? I used to be a small town editor, which meant, 30 yrs ago, we had to lay our own galleys ... but at least we had some form of line-system guidance to follow. With out that, especially when dealing with text, I'm kind of flying blind.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I am not sure I am clear about the issue. Is it alignment of the multiple elements? If so, you can select multiple elements by holding the shift key and clicking each element. In the properties editor or via right click, you will see alignment options.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
home page.

how can i start my page over

1 Message

• 

110 Points

10 years ago

None of this conversation is pertinent to my issue. I need to know if I can submit a design of my own or do you have others that aren't shown??

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you use the steps above, you'll see all of the templates we have available. However, many of our customers often start with a blank page and build one from scratch. Or, some people like to use 3rd party software, in which case the files can be uploaded through the file manager screen from within SiteBuilder.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

10 years ago

Is it possible to keep my existing website active while working on a new design, if I save but don't publish?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you want to keep you existing site, but start a new design, the best thing to do is start a whole new site, then when done, just re-associate the domain name with the new site. This way your current/live site is unaffected.

Follow the steps here to start a new site; https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

What do you mean re-associate my domain name with the new one? Does that mean rename the new domain name? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

When you create a new site there is an option in your domain manager to Change Site Association. It simply moves the domain to the new site. You can see how here.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

260 Points

7 years ago

I am attempting to change my template and select a new design... I don't have the option on my drop down menu. only to delete this site. How can i get it reset?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This question is related to a different Websitebuilder than the topic it was posted to.

Please reference the new conversation here: Can I change the template on Websitebuilder?

1 Message

• 

112 Points

6 years ago

I don't see these opinions to choose another template design?

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

Choose a different design is not an option for me!! Ugh!!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Larry3404, If you want to do this on the new Websitebuilder, you need to create a new site and select the template. You are not able to change the design once selected.

14 Messages

• 

628 Points

6 years ago

I want to change the template in the Web builder not the old sitebuilder

14 Messages

• 

628 Points

6 years ago

Thanks. This is so awkward. the old sitebuilder was so much easier to navigate.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It takes getting used to for sure, but the end result is much better for today's websites.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

I don't see this option on my screen: Choose a different Design
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Well, you are using Website Builder, not Sitebuilder which is what these instructions are referencing. In order to choose a new template, you would need to create a new website altogether. Although I see your account was just closed, so you wouldn't be able to see that option either.

2 Messages

• 

160 Points

5 years ago

I see this post is 5 years old; is this information current as to the best way to change my site to a new design?  Can I have my current site up and running while I am redesigning it in the background? Thanks!
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

You would not be able to have your current site up with this method of redesigning, because choosing a new design will delete your current spot.
I would recommend adding a new site. This will be made in our newest builder, Website Builder which is modern, responsive, and mobile friendly. You can also build it in the background while your other site is up. To do this, log into your Homestead account > Websites Manager > Add New Website