how do I make my site mobile friendly

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

Photo of Cathy6676

Cathy6676

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We partner with Dudamobile. You can start a site from your Homestead account.

Photo of JIGNESH2291

JIGNESH2291

• 60 Points
HOW DO I LINK TO DUDAMOBILE 
OR  HOW CAN I CHANGE TO DUDAMOBILE
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can create your Dudamobile site by clicking the mobile icon as in the picture above.
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

• 716 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This icon appears nowhere when I am in my websites manager.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The way that the mobile redirect works, requires that the site have a domain name. You will not see the icon on sites that do not have an associated domain.
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

Meaning what exactly ?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The site must have a domain to be made mobile friendly, otherwise the redirect can't work.
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

God it would be nice to get a straight friggen answer from the company I have financially supported for 15 friggen years.
Every site has a domain name.
Next answer ?????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you your site has a domain name, then you are using domain forwarding. This is not a method that will allow for creating a Dudamobile site. If you look in your account on the domain tab, you have no domains listed. You must use DNS pointing to make the mobile site work. If you do not have email at the domain you want to make mobile, then you can change the nameservers. Follow the instructions in the linked topic and it will add the domain correctly. You need to select the desired site from the websites manager first.

If you do have email at another service, we will have to provide you A records and CNAME records to add at the domain host. In this case, we will also have to add the domain to your account.

Once the change propagates, then you will see the Dudamobile icon for that site.
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

Drew seriously - are you actually employed by Homestead ? To provide customer support ? I am fast reaching the point of lodging a formal complaint against you.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If you do not have a personalized domain name, such as ilovepizza.com, then you are using the Homestead subdomain. This looks like ilovepizza.homestead.com. This guide is only for accounts that have a personalized domain name.

If you do not have one, and want a mobile site without one, then you would create your mobile site using the link below.

http://www.dudamobile.com/homestead/

Once you create and publish the site, it will give you a HTML Head tag redirect for your website that redirect customers using their phone to go to your mobile version instead.
Photo of Karina8789

Karina8789

All of my sites have their own domain names - and always have. Hence why I was querying why the dudamobile icon does not appear anywhere in my website managing account.

Given that it took 6 full months of asking/begging/demanding for the site builder icon to be added to my managing account - I assume this is similar. So what day do I commence the begging ?

Homestead really has reduced the customer service experience in every way in recent years. From basically no additional services or improvements, to making customers have to basically beg for assistance.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Karina8789,

The method you appear to be using to direct the domains to your sites will never work for Dudamobile. Tell us which domain you currently want to make mobile and if you have email addresses at that domain.
Photo of Tracey1156

Tracey1156

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I make my site mobile?.

In the process of improving my site as setup is atrocious and not phone friendly. Will be deleting a lot, but can I convert to be iphone friendly.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: 50+ Key Points for Your Homestead Website.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You'll need to use Dudamobile to make the site mobile friendly.
Photo of Brian6168

Brian6168

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I pay homestead close to $200 per month to use their editor and host my websites and I am not prepared to pay dudamobile an additional $15 per month, per domain name, so that I can have a 'mobile friendly' website. Nor can I see myself using the free version with it's header and footer taking up space on my screen. I have been an avid user and subscriber for 15 years, but if homestead can not come up with a way to make their editor capable of creating mobile friendly websites, I will be forced to look for another option. I would be surprised if thousands of other users don't feel the same way!
Photo of Leisa1571

Leisa1571

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Brian6168, I am think of doing the same.
Photo of Roger8917

Roger8917

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I actually have moved one of my sites to Wix.com because it incorporates a very easy mobile friendly builder within its site builder.
Photo of Leisa1571

Leisa1571

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Good to know, Roger8917.  I hear Webby is also good with an easy mobile friendly app.  My site is 12 pages--I don't know what to do.  My other site is in WordPress and very nice.  
Photo of Cathy6676

Cathy6676

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
DudaMobile is VERY BAD Company I have redid my web page a few tie now because it keep missing up on my order page, I am losing money very day because of them!!!!!!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.