Email login 4/12/2019

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

We are aware of the privacy error received when connecting to https://emailmg.homestead.com/roundcube/ or via a mail client program. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.  We will post updates as soon as they are received.

6:50 MST: The email system is still operating, but there is a problem with the renewed certificate. It is being investigated. Email is still accessible, though not secure at this time.

7:45am MST: Issue resolved for Webmail. We are continuing to work on the SMTP and IMAP/POP servers

9:03am MST: This issue has been resolved, Webmail, SMTP, and IMAP/POP servers are online. If you continue to have trouble with devices connected thru IMAP/POP/SMTP, close your application and open it back up
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of mhenry19819494

mhenry19819494

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Since yesterday evening, my business email is down..

Since yesterday evening, my business email is down. It says the connection is not private and that your certificate expired on 4/11/19. This is my BUSINESS email and I'm on it all day long. I need this resolved right away, because I can't do business without my email. It says the same thing on my cell phone, as well as desktop and laptop. And even when I go to homestead.com and try to log into webmail on your site, it still does the same thing. PLEASE HELP RIGHT AWAY!!
Photo of Ashley2386

Ashley2386

• 62 Points
Has anyone actually spoke with someone yet with an estimated time when this will be resolved?  I am in the same boat and not having access to my email for this many hours is HORRIBLE business.
Photo of Jennifer3209

Jennifer3209

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I just spoke to a rep. This is the oversight of one employee - assuming he/she is now a former employee. The problem is expected to be fixed within the hour.
Photo of Alice6364

Alice6364

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Still not working!
Photo of Linda6216

Linda6216

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
email is still not secure!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,662 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, it largely seems to be iPhones.
To fix this, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to Settings
2. In settings, find 'Passwords & Accounts'
3. Find the email not working and click on the account
4. Click account again
5. Click advanced and make sure 'Use SSL' is turned on after checking server settings for accuracy. Kill mail app and reload. If this doesn't fix it, repeat steps 1-5 and move on to Step 6.
6. Find the SMTP outgoing mail server and tap into it
7. Delete any older outgoing servers by clicking in any that are active and deleting them. (Delete Server would be in red if tied to the corresponding email account you're in)
8. Add a new outgoing server and you will receive check marks

Otherwise, you need to DELETE and RE-ENTER the settings in your mail app (don't just look at them to see whether they are correct or not)
There has not been a single person who has talked to support who was not able to get their email working after trying all of these steps, which means that this is a caching issue at this point. The certificate error was resolved on Friday
Photo of nicola8031

nicola8031

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled safety certificate expired!!.

Unbelievable how can you let this expire currently unable to conduct any business. Please have the decency to give out some information.
Photo of tanjaperalta1342

tanjaperalta1342

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled YOUR CERTIFICATE HAS EXPIRED!!.

I need this resolved to do business, what is the hold up? Looking pretty unprofessional right now.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.