robert_meagher's profile

78 Messages

• 

3K Points

Friday, September 16th, 2016 7:09 PM

Closed

Copying a website to a new domain

This message is for Drew N, Community Manager.

Drew, you may recall we dialogued about this topic a few months ago. I could not locate the discussion in the archives. Hence, my following up with you here in the hopes of clarifying a few things.

I currently have the domain www.sacredattentiontherapy.com registered with Homestead and an associated website by the same name.

I recently registered the domain (through Homestead) www.centerforhumanawakening.com. I want to copy all the pages and files from the sacredattentiontherapy.com website to the new www.centerforhumanawakening.com domain. We (i.e., www.sacredattentiontherapy.com) are renaming ourselves The Center For Human Awakening and we want to change all the pages on the current www.sacredattentiontherapy.com website to reflect the new name. We want to copy the www.sacredattentiontherapy.com website so that we can change the website (architecture, look 'n feel, imagery, textual description, etc.) but work from what we have instead of having to recreate everything from scratch. Make sense?

I seem to recall you informing me that all I have to do is "Change Site Association" for the new domain www.centerforhumanawakening.com and point it to the www.sacredattentiontherapy.com website and that will result, in effect, in all pages and files from the www.sacredattentiontherapy.com website being copied to the www.centerforhumanawakening.com domain (and, therefore, create a website associated with the www.centerforhumanawakening.com domain with all the same pages and files as currently associated with the www.sacredattentiontherapy.com domain). Do I have this correct? I want to leave www.sacredattentiontherapy.com unaffected as I build the new website (www.centerforhumanawakening.com) from all the same pages and files from the www.sacredattentiontherapy.com website.

If my understanding is correct, what I also want to make sure I understand is that if I change a page (say, for example, the page is titled "Services") on the new www.centerforhumanawakening.com website, that page by the same name on the www.sacredattentiontherapy.com will be unaffected. Do I understand this correctly?

I am hoping I have described my intentions above accurately, and want to thank you for your patience. We had this discussion a few months ago, but I couldn't find the dialogue in the archives.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

No Responses!