April 2, 2013 - Email problems

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are actively working on resolving problems with delays in sending emails. In addition to the delays we're seeing, we are seeing additional issues with webmail, pop, and imap as well.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mary3986

Mary3986

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Problem is lack of confidence from clients who have read that Homestead site was hacked. Now they do not trust my site or email. Yes.......believe it could happen.
Photo of John8745

John8745

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Problem still not solved. Cannot get any orders through and my customers are calling us complaining that we are ignoring their emails. Also, we keep getting error messages constantly with Outlook and we have had to shut down Outlook to get any work done. Of course, with Outlook shut down, we get NO emails at all.

I think Homestead should escalate the issue up to senior technicians and if needed, bring outside experts to solve the problem before we lose any more business.
Photo of John8745

John8745

Just did some research and learned that Intuit sold its website business to Endurance Group last August, with the sale to finalize the first quarter of 2013. I suppose the switch over took place the day after the quarter ended and now, we're in this mess. Thanks Intuit for keeping us in the loop and for looking out for us. I guess Quickbooks is next. Who is Intuit going to sell this to???
Photo of Chris1034

Chris1034

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Another day and this still NOT SOLVED !!!
My mailboxes are gone and I can't add them again because that function is not working (surprise surprise)... not working in outlook obviously...not in the homestead server either ......

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO GET FIXED HOMESTEAD????????????

we are losing emails...sales...
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

We are in the process of restoring email boxes that appear to have been removed. Please respond to the Email mailboxes being restored thread with your affected email addresses.
Photo of Anne2716

Anne2716

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have been able to look at my email if I click the 'Switch to Standard (HTML) version' button, but it does not let me do anything but look and delete email. I am also not sure how current the emails are that I am looking at. I can't believe that this has been going on for so long. I have been with this service for almost 10 years without any issues. Can someone from Homestead or Intuit please address these issues with everyone and let us know when we can expect to have full email service? It seems that the only employee that we are hearing from is Angela W. and she keeps giving us bad info. I have a very small business and this is devastating to me
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

HI Anne, I'm sorry you feel like I'm giving you bad info. I'm trying my best to pass along the information that I get. We don't have an ETA on when some of these issues will be fully resolved.

I'm also sorry for the frustration you're feeling. We have provided steps to move your email to Domain.com.

Unfortunately, it may still be days before the issues that we were seeing with blacklists and hacked accounts are considered solved.

Again, I'm very sorry that you don't find what I'm posting helpful. I hope this helps.
Photo of Anne2716

Anne2716

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Angela, I think that it may not be your fault, but whoever is giving you the bad info to report to the Community. Also, I don't think that it is fair that we have to move our email accounts to another server and pay for it when these email accounts are supposed to be free with our websites! When looking into Domain.com, it says that we will lose our saved emails unless a back up is done. I am having a hard time even trying to open my email much less trying to do a back up. Why doesn't Homestead issue an email blast or post a more detailed service update so all of your clients know exactly what is going on? The last post that I saw said that everything was up and running. I only stumbled upon this Community support group when trying to figure out what was going on, otherwise, I would still be in the dark
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Thanks for the detailed response. I've sent you a separate email message. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
Photo of rich0697

rich0697

Errors on my Blackberry regarding signing in to my email accounts. So I went to the Manage my Emails page and all my addresses are gone. When I click to add mailbox it will not let me. Response has been poor at best!! Long hold times and bad customer service. You are causing so many business related problems. I will be moving my site.
Photo of rich0697

rich0697

Homestead > I want real results!!! Your company is causing GREAT BIG PROBLEMS for your customers.
Photo of info3217

info3217

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Angela, this is terrible. Ive lost my emails and info. I need my emails restored asap. This is bordering on criminal. You are damaging people's reputations. DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Have you already posted the affected emails to the Email mailboxes being restored post? If so, you can track the progress there.
Photo of info3217

info3217

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is a conversation I had with you guys, just after I waited 6hrs for satisfaction.

[Flair] hi, ive waited the entire day to get my emails and nothing has happened!!!
[Flair] I spoke to Saranya earlier today and nothing has been rectified!!!!

[Flair] my 3 BUSINESS emails has been erased by you guys. info@premiereoneltd, publicity@premiereoneltd.com and admin@premiereoneltd.com. In the middle of my dance competition!

[Marzooq H.] Hello and welcome to Homestead Websites chat support! Give me just a moment to take a look at that for you.

[Marzooq H.] Okay, The lost email accounts are already listed in restore list.
[Marzooq H.] Previous agent has made this. It will be restored soon.

[Flair] I a trying to be patient, Marzooq. I cannot wait for it to be restored. Please, let someone know to get it done asap. I am losing followers on twitter, because I cant post videos, that are held for randsom in my emails.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you.

[Marzooq H.]
Our engineers are aware of it and we are working on the issue.

[Marzooq H.]
We are sure that the issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

[Flair] I am paying for this service. I am not being difficult, but this is ridiculous now. I am in london, Ive waited the entire day to get into my emails. Thats what Saranya said hours ago.
[Flair] as soon as possible
[Flair] I want a more concrete answer
[Marzooq H.] Our engineers are working on it and it would be almost resolved.
[Flair] I need an estimated time
[Marzooq H.] We are expecting it to be restored within 24-48 hours.
[Marzooq H.] I haven't heard from you for a few minutes. Do you want to continue chatting?
[Flair] What are the insurance policy on loss of business? How can my business emails be out for 3-4 days? Marzooq, thats not good. YOu have to get your guys to fix my email addresses.
[Flair] I dont want to chat, I want my emails working. Is this company a scam?
[Marzooq H.]
I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you. Our engineers are working on it and it would be almost resolved.

[Marzooq H.] I haven't heard from you for a few minutes. Do you want to continue chatting?
[Marzooq H.] Since I haven't heard from you for several minutes, I will now end this chat. Please don't hesitate to chat with us again if we can be of further assistance.
The Web Advisor has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us. For additional support visit our 24/7 Community where you can read answers to past questions on similar topics or connect with other customers who can help!.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

We're doing everything we can to restore the affected emails ASAP. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and frustrations.
Photo of John8745

John8745

Will Homestead stop sending me copies of every email from this thread? I've received over 146 emails from this thread over the last 90 minutes.
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

Hi! To stop "following" this thread go to the upper right hand corner and click Your dashboard and account. It will show you the topics you're following. Click Unfollow for - April 2, 2013 - Email problems.
Photo of John9816

John9816

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Angela. My email started to work for all my employees and me...at about mid-morning...after being down for almost a day.

As of the last 20 minutes, WE ARE COMPLETELY DOWN AGAIN.

Could you please respond to this April 3rd outage? Also, please advise the IT folks not to say it's fixed and go home, as they did last night. We are a small business and our customers deeply rely on email working. Thank you!!!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi John9816,

I apologize for the delay -

Email has been restored, please let me know if something is not working for you.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Alan9116

Alan9116

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
down again for the 3rd f'ing day in a row, this needs to be fixed and NOT HAPPEN EVERY F'ING DAY!!!!!!!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Alan9116,

I apologize for the delay -

Please let me know if something is not working, email services have been restored.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Randy6674

Randy6674

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't send from my rsdelp@naturalnoot.com account on my iphone, Have no trouble with gmail or another website account. I have trouble receiving also. I often have to go to apple store and have them restore or reset.... not sure what they do, but I only have problems with this site. Been going on intermittently since day one. was a problem the past couple of days.
what are you doing about it?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Randy6674,

You may just need to remove the email account and re-add it. Please give that a try and let me know if you're still having trouble sending email.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Laura3042

Laura3042

Emails are back but stopped at 3/2/13 No new emails which I know there are.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi All,

The email issues have been resolved, here's the latest Hmail (email) update.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of textilealpha8095

textilealpha8095

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am not going to sit and wait for you guys to decide to fix whatever it is you have to fix. I am losing customers and I will have my attorney contact whomever she needs to contact if not fixed today. 4/11/2013
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi textilealpha8095,

If you're having trouble with your email service, can you please provide me with details of what you're using and what's not working?

Webmail or Outlook and if you're not able to send, receive or both etc.

Also, if you're receiving any error messages or bounce back emails, please include that in your reply.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Skylands and Beyond

Skylands and Beyond

• 836 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
EHSAN-The issues have NOT been resolved:

When email went down last night (couldn't be found by Safari or IE9) I posted this thread and started following 2 others posted minutes before me. Although it came back up at what appeared to be 7:37 pm last night, I had a 'potential customer' email me with questions today and tell me should couldn't send me an email from her personal account.

After seeing the other posts from yesterday, reading old email complaints with relies from 2 days ago AND receiving 3 replies today on my post from JUST yesterday, I'm positive it's because of Homestead's servers-not on her end.

I found this, which I think is inexcusable: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
It's an email complaint thread that was archived by YOU 24 hours ago-WHAT??

And I found this, reported 22 days ago:
https://community.homestead.com/homes...
The 'Email Update from 3/28' (first official response by Homestead posted 15 days ago) ends with 'We are sorry for the pain and inconvenience this HAS caused'

The next post from Dave says that when he went through servers being blacklisted with network solutions years ago 'it took a few weeks before everything was running smoothly again'.

And, just so you know, I talked with Homestead email support today and they said they were unaware of any issues.

Yet, to reiterate, EHSAN just archived a 'hidden post' about email problems with some LAME response.

Hope this info. helps other Homestead customers. It doesn't look like Homestead sees a problem-I suggest moving your email away from Homestead too, like other community members have replied.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Skylands and Beyond,

If the email sent did not go through, the person who was sending it should've received a bounce back email. If you can provide me with an error message I can help figure out what it didn't come through to your mailbox.

Email services have been restored which is why I've been archiving posts. Archived posts are not closed and do not prevent the users in the thread from replying or adding new comments - This way they're still able to reply if something isn't working.

The majority of issues that users are still experiencing are:

Browser Issue: Webmail is not compatible with IE10 (internet explorer 10)

Settings in the email client: Outgoing server port needs to be changed or email servers need to be updated

There are a few other miscellaneous issues as well that can resolved quickly and don't apply to every user.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of james3075

james3075

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
on outlook the solution is to change the port to your incoming mail server from 110 to 995 and put a check in the box by use SSL on the advance tab.

This will fix the problem. Follow the other instruction for outlook off thier website and just make this small change.
Photo of james3075

james3075

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
on outlook the solution is to change the port to your incoming mail server from 110 to 995 and put a check in the box by use SSL on the advance tab.

This will fix the problem. Follow the other instruction for outlook off thier website and just make this small change.
Photo of Dimitris1435

Dimitris1435

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
my email is not functioning too.i can not log in even using the correct password.
i have important emails pending because my site is an e-commerce(homestead storefront).
any help???
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Dimitris1435,

Looks like you've already spoken with another representative about reactivating your emails.

Thanks,
Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.