homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, August 19th, 2019 11:48 PM

WebsiteBuilder: SSL

WebsiteBuilder: SSL

To activate the SSL for a domain that is registered with Homestead and connected to a WebsiteBuilder site, follow these steps. 

1. Go to https://homesteadssl.com/ and enter your domain name. 

2. Select submit. The next screen will provide an IP address to point to. Copy the IP. 

3. IF YOUR DOMAIN DNS IS CONTROLLED THROUGH HOMESTEAD:
In a separate tab, log into your Homestead account. Select the domains tab and under the domain select advanced DNS settings. 

4. Select Edit

5. Point the @ and www to the given IP and check the box to delete the * record, then select submit. 

Select submit again

IF YOUR DOMAIN DNS IS NOT CONTROLLED THROUGH HOMESTEAD:

Log into your domain provider account and add the @ and www A record in that system.

6. After submitting wait 5-10 minutes.
Go back to the first tab that you opened Homesteadssl.com in and select next. You will see the message pop up stating DNS settings made are correct your certificate will be provisioned soon. Click OK.  

If you see the message stating the changes are incorrect, click OK and allow more time. 

You have set up the SSL for your WebsiteBuilder site! Allow some time for the SSL to appear. 

11 Messages

• 

220 Points

1 year ago

Hello - I’m also needing help with my website builder site domain www.amazingbeautybuys.com.  I first found the instructions to activate the SSL through Cloudflare, so I changed the name servers as instructed.  Then I found the instructions for changing the www and @ records and changed the name servers back to original.  Everything looks correct to me, but it’s still not working.  I’m just trying to secure my site, what do I need to do to fix this?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Did you click "Next" after changing the DNS and it told you that the SSL would be provisioned soon?

11 Messages

• 

220 Points

Yes

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

https://www.amazingbeautybuys.com/ is working. 

11 Messages

• 

220 Points

Thank you!

18 Messages

• 

628 Points

1 year ago

I followed these instructions and got the settings correct message but going to my site in either desktop or mobile gets this error now:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

18 Messages

• 

628 Points

@darryl6248​ bump! before I call in, any help here?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

I can see that you called in regarding this. You'll be updated when the issue is resolved. 

55 Messages

• 

766 Points

please unpublish premium4pets.net   .NET

screenshot

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

I was trying to secure my site using the above instructions but got the following message:

The following changes will be made to your DNS settings:

A Records

www.tristatervrentalwi.com will point to 66.235.200.24

Changing your 'www' A Record will make your Homestead website or store inaccessible! Please verify that this action is desired before confirming.

@.tristatervrentalwi.com will point to 66.235.200.24

I updated the @ and WWW was I also supposed to delete the * under A Records?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Yes, the * record does need to be deleted. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

Getting a DNS configuration error after going through this process. www.weneedwe.org

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

11 months ago

My website is NOT SECURED, "www.diamond8industries.com". Per the instructions, I entered the domain name at Homesteadssl.com and received a notification, "Domain can't be verified as it doesn't exist on builder" - What should I do?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

These instructions are for a different editor than you're using. You need to follow these instructions:

‎Can I Secure My Homestead Website With HTTPS? | Homestead Community

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

11 months ago

My website is NOT SECURED, "www.diamond8industries.com". Per the instructions, I entered the domain name at Homesteadssl.com and received a notification, "Domain can't be verified as it doesn't exist on builder" - What should I do?

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

6 months ago

Hi,

I followed the instructions on this page and got the message that my certificate would be provisioned soon, but it's been about 3 days since then and my website, www.learnndt.com, seems to still not have SSL activated and is inaccessible.

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

@sonny0521​ Solved after calling tech support.

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

When I try this, I get the error, "

Domain cant be verified as it doesn't exist on builder"

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

That's because your website is not built using WebsiteBuilder. Please follow these instructions to secure your site:

122 Messages

• 

7.3K Points

6 months ago

Is this the correct procedure for my active/published HS site? And are these instructions still valid? Thank you

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

This would be for any website built on the newer builder. If you're referring to your fourcorners website, please follow these instructions:

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

5 months ago

need help obtaining a SSL as I am very not computer design friendly 

Please help

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Are you able to call in? 1-800-710-1998

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

yes I will have to schedule when I have time at my desk tomorrow, will you be helping me

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

No, it will be one of our phone agents, but this process is something they are very familiar with. 

3 Messages

• 

100 Points

5 months ago

i don't have a www a record, i can only update the ip for the @ a record. how should i proceed?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

I would recommend adding the www record. 

2 Messages

• 

82 Points

4 months ago

Hello, I followed the steps for setting up my ssl certificate however it’s been a few hours and my site www.authenticlancaster.com is still getting the dns 1001 error. What can I do to resolve?

13 Messages

• 

320 Points

4 months ago

I followed the instructions for obtaining an SSL for the site I built using Website Builder.

I went to the DNS Advanced Management to locate, per the instructions the location to change the DNS.  I only show 10  listings, and none that indicates www  and @ is on line 10 of the "A Records".  There is no line, as II said, for www and only the @ shows.  Do I need to add a line 11. in the A Record and change the DNS for line 10. to the one 66.235200.25?  These instructions are confusing and the printed directions are not clear..   help please?

Mark

16 Messages

• 

320 Points

21 days ago

Please see the same problem with SaintsLibertyCDC with homesteadcloud.  I'm not able to make any changes to the domain settings.