homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, September 19th, 2018 3:04 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Show on All Pages

WebsiteBuilder: Show on All Pages
When building your website, you will see that some elements are displayed on all pages and some elements are only displayed on the original page you added them on. 

Having the ability to add "master elements" that show on all pages is a very useful tool to make sure that important information like a company name, contact info, copyright info, social media links, navigation menu, and logo can be found by your site visitors no matter what page they are on. 

In Website Builder, all elements in the Header and Footer sections will show on all pages. 

If you have an element that you need to display on all pages, but you don't want them in the Header or Footer sections, you can turn on the setting for "Show On All Pages"

To do this:
  1. Go into the Advanced settings by clicking on the element, then click More > Advanced. 

2. Click on Size and Position

3. Scroll down till you see "Show On All Pages" Click the toggle to turn it on. 

You will want to make sure that there is room on every page, in the same spot, for these elements so you don't experience overlapping. 

If you ever have an element showing on all pages in your website that should NOT be, make sure the element is not in the Header or Footer section at all, then check if you need to turn off the "Show On All Pages" setting.

17 Messages

• 

412 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't turn off the home page info on my other I have Website builder and new temp....

can't turn off the home page info on my other I have Website builder and new templetes with with header It shows on every page I can't take it off other pages

5 Messages

• 

254 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled WebsiteBuilder is mashing my pages together..

WebsiteBuilder displays the elements from my Contract page overlayed on my other pages while other elements aren't displayed at all. When I visit the site as published, it seems to display properly, but I need to edit the site and find that I cannot.

5 Messages

• 

254 Points

5 years ago

This was not a helpful answer to my problem. I understand the master page thing, but that's not what's happening here. Not only are elements from one page suddenly overlaying every page when it was never set as a master page element at all? Plus, the editor is showing as unsecured and not permitting me to edit anything.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

If you see in this article, it says "If you ever have an element showing on all pages in your website that should NOT be, make sure the element is not in the Header or Footer section at all, then check if you need to turn off the "Show On All Pages" setting." This is why I brought your question under this post. It is absolutely relevant.
In your case, I can see that you have a very long Header section that this element is placed in. You would need to correct this (move the element out of the Header section) to stop the element from showing on all pages.

The editor does show as unsecure, but you are not putting credit card or social security information into the builder, so it should not make a difference for your editing.

17 Messages

• 

412 Points

Thank you,

5 Messages

• 

254 Points

Thank you Elyzabeth. What you say makes sense. I just wonder why it was never a problem before. However, once I was able to edit the site again (thanks if you made the changes to enable editing again), I deleted the page anyway. I'm grateful for your help.

15 Messages

• 

420 Points

4 years ago

For my website I have a banner that I want to show on "almost" all of my pages.  Is there a way to hide it on pages I don't want it to appear?  I have it placed in section A.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If you turn on the option to show on all pages it will and we cannot only turn it off for certain pages. The only way to accomplish this is to add it to each page you do want it to show on. You can always duplicate a page to copy that section and and adjust the content that you want to be specific to that page. 

9 Messages

• 

402 Points

2 years ago

I am trying to hide section A on all pages except the home page. I have triple checked that it is not in the header (or footer) section and I have turned off the "show on all pages" and hit finish at least a dozen times. It still shows up on my store and I do not want it there. I am having a few issues today, including my site being completely down. Not sure if there's something going on with all of Homestead including websitebuilder or if they are separate issues.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Which website is this on?

9 Messages

• 

402 Points

It is on carehasson.homesteadcloud I have a few as I wasn't sure which I liked best. I thought I would go with this one so I upgraded to the store, but now I am having issues with section A showing on all pages and if I delete it deletes on the home page as well. I tried and it worked with another template so not sure if it is the store or template or something else. Also, I am trying to have a cart button at the top right but it won't stay docked. When I preview it shows up way too far over to the right and down like 3 inches. 

(edited)

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

If you're referring to the image with text over it, I can definitely see the issue. For some reason, the image shows that it's connected to a master page element like the header or footer even though it isn't actually placed there. This can be corrected by moving the image to another section and then moving it back. It should break that connection. As for the text, that is actually set to show on all pages in the size and position settings, so you'll want to remove that. 

9 Messages

• 

402 Points

@elyzabethv​ Thank you!