homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Thursday, August 23rd, 2018 5:55 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Link Text

WebsiteBuilder: Link Text
To link text in your Website Builder site, 

1. Add text box by clicking Elements, Text, and choose the type of text box you want. 

2. Then, highlight the text you want to link and click the link icon 

3. A window will come up with all your linking options. Choose the circle next to the type of link you would like to use, if you want it to open in a new tab, then choose where it links to. You will do this by choosing the page, adding the URL, email, or phone number, or choosing the document. Then, click OK

Your text will now be linked. 

12 Messages

• 

622 Points

6 years ago

Yes that works, but it added the page name and underlined it as a link to my existing text.  how do I change or format that

12 Messages

• 

622 Points

Thanks but I figured it out
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

I'm glad you got that figured out.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I have followed all the steps, and I can't get it to work.  I highlight the text I want to link, click on the link select URL and put the url in.  select open new page, then click o.k. and nothing works.  Am I forgetting a step?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Those are all the correct steps. After you click ok does it show the text underlined to display it is a link?

44 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  I'm highlighting the text, selecting URL, pasting the URL address, clicking open new page....but it's not working.  I'm sure I'd doing something dumb here...LOL!  Can you please help?    It's on my "About" page....under the text describing the photographers...there are 2 different website links that I'd like to work.  THANKS!

37 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

4 years ago

You guys have a good number of text options but what if I wanted to use a font that I own or one not on your site, is that possible to do and if so, how do you go about it?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

As WebsiteBuilder is a proprietary builder there is not a way to use outside text. The only way it may be possible is to use HTML code for your text. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-adding-html

8 Messages

• 

192 Points

4 years ago

The editor is preventing me to link ???????

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Are you receiving any errors? What steps of the linking process is having the issue?

9 Messages

• 

172 Points

2 years ago

I followed every step mentioned here, still not working.  In fact, I can't even use the pop-up text bar to change the font or the size or to link.  I'm using Mac.  Can someone help?  

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Can you try testing on another browser? I can't replicate this issue. I'm using Edge and also tested on Chrome and have no issues editing text on either. 

12 Messages

• 

250 Points

2 years ago

Can't seem to link text to document, even after uploading documents, plus, how in the world do you get out of that drop down box of link choices? (no link, url, website, docs, etc)

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

When you are in the link menu, and you click the radial button next to Document, and click on the dropdown that will bring you to your uploaded files, are you unable to click on a file? You should be able to then click OK to exit that screen. If you're not seeing that, can you send me a screenshot of what you see on your end?

12 Messages

• 

250 Points

I discovered that I could not see the OK button at the bottom due to my screen size being too large.  When I decreased the viewing area in settings, it showed up.  thank you!

15 Messages

• 

252 Points

8 months ago

The link chain does not show up on my screen, 

15 Messages

• 

252 Points

How do I know the link has worked?  No matter what I do the link icon does not show up in that header above the text.  I tried both chrome and edge. I even called for help and Homestead said that link chain should be there. Very frustrating.  

(edited)