homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, August 13th, 2019 9:48 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Header and Footer

WebsiteBuilder: Header and Footer
Header and footer sections are vital pieces to your website. It is one of the first things a viewer looks at when visiting a site. The header is located at the very top of each page and the footer is located at the bottom of each page. These sections typically contain contact information, phone numbers, business logo, hours of operation, address, social media links, site navigation and some type of call to action. Basically, any important information you want the viewer to have quick access to after only being on your website for a few seconds. 

How long do users stay on your website before clicking away? Most stick around less than 15 seconds.That’s how long you have to capture someone’s attention or provide them necessary information they are looking for on your website. So, if you don’t have the information they are looking for at a glance, you’ve lost them.

The header section is located at the top of every page and any information placed in the header will display on each page. Avoid placing information that is specific to the pages content and keep it more geared around general business information. 

The footer section is located at the bottom of each page. Popular elements in the footer usually include links to privacy policies, copy right info and social media links.

Both sections can be fully customized just like any other section on the site with the section settings. 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

4 years ago

upload a header

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

WebsiteBuilder does not allow any uploads of templates or themes. It is a proprietary builder and the header will need to be built with the available elements. 

67 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

4 years ago

Website Builder. Is it possible to have ONE page that does not contain a header or footer? I am trying to create a page that acts like a Link.tree (to use on Instagram). I did this on the old sitebuilder and titled it Learn More. It had buttons with links to YouTube, Our Story, and maybe a specific page about the artists of the month. I created a clean, simple look with just the buttons. It was a great link to have in my Instagram bio that still brought people to my various sites without looking like just another webpage. 

20 Messages

• 

482 Points

2 years ago

Has anything changed as to eliminate the header for chosen pages? it seems this was asked 2 years ago so maybe the ability is now an option.

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello, 

No, a header will always be on all pages.