homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Thursday, July 19th, 2018 6:02 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Favicon

WebsiteBuilder: Favicon

A Favicon (fave-icon for pronunciation purposes) is a very small, important piece of the branding on your site.

Images are usually noticed before text, so it may help your site stand out above those that don't have one. It also looks more professional, especially for people who have your site bookmarked. Lastly, it makes it easier for people to find your site in a list of bookmarked sites or search history. Basically, it provides a better customer experience, and when it comes websites, there are few things that are more important.

On Website Builder, we have simplified this process to make it user friendly!

1. On the left panel in Website Builder, click on Manage > Favicon:

2. Click the blue button that says "Add Favicon". Remember, it should be a square image at least 70x70 pixels:

3. It will then show you a preview of your Favicon. You can "Change" or "Delete" it from this window as well:

4. All you need to do after that is to Publish your site and go see your new Favicon!:

For a VIDEO walkthrough, here is our Youtube Tutorial:

18 Messages

• 

720 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a File Manager? I can't seem to locate it..

The only answer I could find on this question is from 6 years ago when the web site editor looked entirely different.  I'd like to know where to add a favicon.ico to the files but not sure where to do that.  Help is appreciated.  This is the web site I am building: https://bfccityconcens81518.homesteadcloud.com/

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Hey Rose!
This process is actually MUCH easier in this builder, here are the instructions. To answer your question, no there is no file manager.

18 Messages

• 

720 Points

I didn't see your instructions, Elyzabeth.  I think it's under the settings tab...correct?

18 Messages

• 

720 Points

Thank you!  You're a peach.  Much appreciated.

10 Messages

• 

476 Points

5 years ago

Just thought I'd add my experience with adding a favicon within Website Builder.

100% EASY, QUICK and SIMPLE!
  • Took me less than a minute to create one in Paintshop...an image at 70 x 70 pixels.
  • Selected the "Manage" option in the control panel on the left-hand side of the screen in Website Builder.
  • Selected "Favicon" within the expanded menu.
  • Uploaded my favicon...the press of one button.
  • Saved and published site...and it magically appeared!

Less than 5 minutes...do it if you haven't already!

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

I love this! I'm so glad you found it so easy and shared your experience!