homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, May 17th, 2019 5:18 PM

WebsiteBuilder eCommerce: Store Settings

WebsiteBuilder eCommerce: Store Settings

Before you're able to publish your store, there are some store settings that you will need to go over. 

1. Log into WebsiteBuilder, click on Store > Manage Products & Orders > Settings. This will bring you to the Main Settings.

2. On the Main tab for Settings, you'll be able to change your

General information like your Company Name, Tax ID, Address, Phone Number, and Currency Type. 

Basic Shipping settings, either Flat rate or Charge per product.
    If you choose Flat Rate, you'll set up the Minimal order amount for free shipping, Cost per additional item, and First Item. 
    If you choose Charge Per Product, you'll just set the minimal order amount for free shipping. The individual shipping amount will be entered on each product. 

For New order email, you'll be able to set the email address that new order notifications are sent to. 

For taxes, you'll be able to set Enable or Disable taxes, and set the tax rates to automatic or manual. It is recommended to leave them on automatic, unless you have a special tax need you have to set up.

3. Once you've set up your Main settings, click on the Advanced tab at the top. 

4. You'll be able to edit your Order Formatting, to set up the units of measurement your store will use

You can set up your legal documents and policies. If you need assistance with this, we recommend you contact legal help.

You can add tracking codes from Google Analytics, Facebook, or Instagram. Homestead does not provide the scripts for this feature.

You'll be able to edit and preview the emails that are sent to customers during the order and shipping process, as well as preview the new order email that is sent to the store owner. 

Use the Email design option to add your logo and set your store color and language.

The last option is Integrated Shipping. You can get information here

Check out the YouTube video tutorial on this topic!

Take a look at an example of the eCommerce store! CLICK HERE

11 Messages

• 

362 Points

3 years ago

The preview option to view the notifications emails only shows HTML.  Any way to fix?  I'd like to see the emails without testing the checkout process every time I make a change. 

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I am not sure exactly what you mean by the preview option to view the notifications emails only shows HTML. Can you please explain a bit more or send a screenshot of what you're trying to see? 

11 Messages

• 

362 Points

3 years ago

@homestead_faq 

Is there any way to add questions or instructions to the checkout process?  For example, I want people to enter their student's name so we know who the order should be handed out to.  I can't find a place to update "special instructions" field for example to say "student name" or even another place in the checkout process to instruct people to enter the name there.  I tried adding the instructions under the legal links but they are small and to the side of the process.  I don't think anyone is going to click on them looking for instructions on how to complete the checkout process.  Please advise.  Thank you. 

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello

There is not a way to customize the checkout process, unfortunately, however, you can add a text box explaining to please add these details to the special instructions box upon checkout. 

11 Messages

• 

362 Points

Thanks.  How do you add a text box explaining to add details to the special instructions box?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Add it as a standard text box by going to elements>text>paragraph. Or it can also be added to the product details information. Just try to make sure it is somewhere visible and not able to be easily overlooked. 

18 Messages

• 

440 Points

3 years ago

My Site is not displaying the store settings after clicking on "Store".  It says instead, Manage and Products and Orders.  After I click on that the page crashes.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello ,

I'm unable to replicate this issue. When I click on Store > Manage Products and Orders in your builder, the settings to appear. Are you using a VPN to connect? Or possibly have a firewall set up that may be blocking this?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

7 months ago

How can I personalize the order text in the shop area. We do not ship we just sell tickets for workshops and concert. Thank you!