homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Thursday, November 17th, 2016 8:54 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Drop Down Menus

WebsiteBuilder: Drop Down Menus
  1.  Click on the Pages button.

2.  You will see the list of your pages.  You'll notice that all the pages are in a column. This means those pages are the top level menu items. If you want one to be a submenu, then click and hold the left mouse button on the page and drag it to the menu item that will be its "parent". You will need to drag the page a little to the right as well. Let go of the mouse button. It should now be slightly indented from the others.

3.   If you preview, you can hover your mouse over the parent page and see the sub-pages in the drop down.

To edit the drop down settings:

4.  Click on the Navigation Menu > More > Advanced > Drop Down Settings.

5. Set your options and click Apply at the top

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

4 years ago

Is there any way to "force" the drop down menus to drop "up", without having to put near the footer?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Hal, 

I apologize, there is not an option to decide which way to have the menu expand. It will drop down unless it is reaching the end of the sites length then it will expand the opposite way, as you have seen.  

11 Messages

• 

200 Points

4 years ago

Hello How do I change the main menu colour when you click on it.

thank you

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

This color can be changed by selecting the navigation menu, going to more> advanced> style> button> selected. 

After clicking selected, change the background color and apply. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

Wondering if a drop down menu feature without linking to a page has been added?  I'm trying to have a drop down menu that doesn't link to a page, where it only drops down a list to click a page when hovering over the original menu button.  Like "FALL EVENTS" as a menu button (not clickable) that when hovering over it drops down with a list of pages to click for each special event, not being able to click on "FALL EVENTS". Thanks!

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Unfortunately, this feature is still not available with Websitebuilder. I can pass along the request. 

19 Messages

• 

270 Points

2 years ago

What do I do if my sitebuilder doesn't have this as an option?

"You will see the list of your pages.  You'll notice that all the pages are in a column. This means those pages are the top level menu items. If you want one to be a submenu, then click and hold the left mouse button on the page and drag it to the menu item that will be its "parent". You will need to drag the page a little to the right as well. Let go of the mouse button. It should now be slightly indented from the others.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks 

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello,

This might mean that you're not using the builder that this article is referencing. If your site is built using Sitebuilder Plus, unfortunately, dropdown menus are not an option that's available for that builder. You would need to rebuild your site on WebsiteBuilder to have this option.

32 Messages

• 

830 Points

2 years ago

The Drop Down Menu add on DOES NOT WORK.  Yes, there is an option for Settings, but you can't even name it or point to the page to open as a submenu.  There are 3rd party applications that I am experimenting with now.

5 Messages

• 

130 Points

1 year ago

I am rebuilding my website in Website Builder and my drop down submenus show on the laptop preview but not on the mobile preview.  It was working, but I must have done something to make it disappear. How can I get it back.  This is on a products page and the submenus are for each type of product, so it is rather important for easy navigation.  Thanks

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Did you get this resolved? It is working on my end when I preview your website.