homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 10:42 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Contact Form Email Address

WebsiteBuilder: Contact Form Email Address
Setting up a contact form to your page is one of, if not, THE MOST essential pieces to building a website next to having a phone number or a street address listed.

Maybe you just upgraded your email to a domain-specific address and you'd like to change that on your contact form? Perfect, you're in the right place! Giving visitors an updated and accurate way to reach you means you're more likely to get the results you set out for! In this article, we will learn how to change your contact form email quickly and simply.

To begin,You will want to log into your Websitebuilder and navigate to the page that contains your contact form.

Pro Tip: If you are updating multiple forms with different fields, you will have to run through these steps separately for each form.

1) Physically click on the form to see its settings tool-bar appear directly above the form.

2) From the settings tool-bar, select the "More" option to expand the menu.

3) From the expanded Menu, Select "Advanced" to see the "Pop-Up Settings Menu" appear.

4) From the Pop-up settings menu at the top right-hand corner, select "settings."

5) Enter your new email in the space provided. (Forwarded Addresses should be added from your email client's settings.)

That's It. You should start receiving the email to the updated address as soon as you publish these changes.

10 Messages

• 

272 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I manage the submit form. In otherwords can I point it to my Email?.

1 Message

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

I followed these instructions and It still doesn't work.  It takes the user to their email screen and allows them to input subject and message and send.  It shows sent in their outbox, however the email that I entered to receive does not receive them.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

This sounds like they might be clicking your email address link on your contact page, and it is opening up their default mail client. Are they filling out the entries on your contact form and submitting that?

4 Messages

• 

142 Points

5 years ago

I also changed this and it still won't work. Before it was going to a personal email address that I used to setup the account initially, Now it isn't going anywhere when I changed it to my business email address. Any Ideas?
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello Kevin,

I do see that you've set the contact form to send to shop@yourdomain.com. You have not set this email address up yet, which is why it isn't working. You should either change this to an email address that exists currently or create that email address on your account.

4 Messages

• 

142 Points

Thanks for the reply, but I get emails every day to that address. shop@arsbakersfield.com (setup thru Outlook).

4 Messages

• 

142 Points

I tried another email I use for work (gmail) and it works. Must not be connecting correctly to the domain email for some reason.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Can you double check the address you are referring to? I can't see how you could have that as a functional address because the DNS for your domain is pointing to Homestead and you have no email address created on this account.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

And I just tested sending to that address and got this response:

That email address doesn't exist. You can definitely create it though. Let me know if you want to do that and I can add the email add-on to your account. It would be $1/month

13 Messages

• 

280 Points

5 years ago

It surprised me that, while you can define the fields on the form as "short text", "long text", "telephone no. " etc., if you select "date" then the form doesn't seem to offer the user a date calendar to click on.
Also the form isn't very easy to configure.  Boxes for "short text" are the same size as those for "long text".  It looks a bit unfriendly if all you're looking for is "number of persons"!  Why not a "number" field with up and down arrows?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

That is correct, WebsiteBuilder does not have a calendar option and all fields in the contact forms are input fields and the customer will need to type in their answers. Currently, there are no drop down options for the contact forms but I can send some feedback and a feature suggestion outlining this. 

13 Messages

• 

280 Points

That would be good, thanks.

38 Messages

• 

634 Points

2 years ago

Thank you!!!