doug9376's profile

54 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Friday, September 20th, 2024 12:21 AM

Websitebuilder - Change to new template

Using SiteBuilder Plus for decades and now have chosen (been forced) to move to Websitebuilder.

So playing around, I selected a template. I haven't input anything and I now want to try some other templates.

How do I do this? I can't find a menu selection to accomplish this

Thanks.

444 Messages

• 

11K Points

16 days ago

Not sure which package you have in WebsiteBuilder, but from the Website Manager option (on the left when signed in) when you click on that, you should see an option on the RIGHT side near the top of the box that says "ADD WEBSITE"   If you see that, you can create as many test sites as you want using different templates.  You can name them anything you want and rename them later and then delete the ones you reject.  I know you think you will miss Sitebuilder, but once you get into the new software, you will find it SO MUCH BETTER and usable.  While building, use CONTAINERS element to keep things together. This is especially useful for the mobile version that gets built along with your new pages.  Containers are the new "group elements."  Hope that helps. 

10 Messages

• 

270 Points

lynn1286, If the newer Website Builder is so much better why doesn't it work properly with images that are loaded on a page? 

54 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

@lynn1286​ Thanks Lynne. When I couldn't see any option to change to another template, I figured I would just delete the one I was trying to change and start again. Thanks for confirming that is the correct MO.

444 Messages

• 

11K Points

@dan7246​ can you be more specific as to what problems you have with the images?

10 Messages

• 

270 Points

@lynn1286​  "This is because WebsiteBuilder uses a different storage method then Sitebuilder Plus. Images were stored internally in a File Manager in the older editor, but for faster loading purposes, WebsiteBuilder uses a CDN."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               lynn1286, The above comment is what I received from someone else. I rename my images with keywords that are relevant to my business on my desk top computer. I need images named properly for image results on google etc. When the images are loaded in the new editor they are named properly but once they are placed on pages and then published the newer editor automatically renames them something completely different. I need images named with keywords so clients can find me in image results. Old editor works, newer one does not. Is this issue going to be fixed with website builder?