andrew8846's profile

8 Messages

• 

172 Points

Saturday, May 18th, 2024 3:03 PM

Website is down

I got up to work on my website today, but can't access the website.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

4 Messages

• 

112 Points

5 months ago

Kind of relieved to see I'm not the only one. I hope it is up and running again soon.

12 Messages

• 

210 Points

5 months ago

Same here... this is not only frustrating but COSTLY because I can't respond to my clients in a timely manner. 

I don't understand why this site is "DOWN" so frequently and why it takes such along time to get any response from support.

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

5 months ago

Down for me too

11 Messages

• 

164 Points

5 months ago

Has anyone gotten a response from Homestead? 

14 Messages

• 

200 Points

Since you can't call to notify them of issues out of their business hours, how do you report issues?

Do they just read these posts or I am missing someplace to set up a tech support case?

11 Messages

• 

164 Points

The site was down last night as well, I was really hoping this would be resolved by now. It would be a nightmare to have to make a new site.

14 Messages

• 

200 Points

I know.   I will freak out if I have to.  We put many, many hours in setting up the website to be what it is.   I would think they have backups to restore.

14 Messages

• 

200 Points

5 months ago

Everyone who has websites has the same issue, so it is a big issue.   I don't see anything posted from them about outages or anything related to our issues...???

11 Messages

• 

164 Points

5 months ago

I can't even think about it. This has been 15 years of work for us. I have never seen it down this long . 

14 Messages

• 

200 Points

Wow.   I find it hard to believe that they don't have techs making sure the overall site is functioning.   I get it to have business hours for questions...but the main site should be maintained 24/7.

11 Messages

• 

164 Points

100% agree

8 Messages

• 

172 Points

it says 'service unavailable.

8 Messages

• 

172 Points

How do you get phone help when you can't even get to the site?

11 Messages

• 

164 Points

It was up for me last night and this morning, down again.  In 13 years of using this server, this kind of problem is really rare. I'm hopeful they will work out the problem. It's down for me now too. 

36 Messages

• 

740 Points

5 months ago

Yes, this is true. Something is wrong. But I was able to get in and edit my site last night.

This is what I did. Maybe it will work for other people too:

I just kept "refreshing" the page. I had to do this for probably 10 or more times. FINALLY, I was able to click "Website Manager;" THEN I had to "refresh" a couple of more times; THEN I was able to click the "Edit Site" button. Site Builder Plus loaded up right away and I edited my site.

I hope this helps! I know how frustrating this can be.

25 Messages

• 

382 Points

I've been able to get to Website Manager a few times by refreshing repeatedly, but I can't get any further. Each time I've gotten to Website Manager, either: 1) the Edit Site button isn't there, or 2) the Website Manager page is covered with a blue screen that disables the features on the page (including the Edit Site button) - and when I scroll down, it appears to be a Customer Feedback Survey (IRONIC much?) that I can fill in, but it won't submit (MORE IRONIC). UGH!!!

25 Messages

• 

382 Points

5 months ago

I can't get in reliably to edit my site either, as of Sunday afternoon May 19, 2024. I just called out Homestead tech support on X (formerly known as Twitter). Said that many of their PAID CUSTOMERS have been posting here that Homestead's content management platform has been down for DAYS - and that they need to REPLY and get it operational, or else be prepared to dole out refunds. This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE.

25 Messages

• 

382 Points

UPDATE at 6:00 PM Mountain Time, Sunday, May 19, 2024: I've been able to get into my website and make edits to it, and the edits published properly. I did hit "refresh" repeatedly at different steps when I got the message "The service is unavailable" or the functionality got hosed up. Give it a try now, folks, and please report back whether you're able to get in or not!

11 Messages

• 

164 Points

I got on earlier today, now service unavailable

11 Messages

• 

164 Points

I wonder if this has something to do with web.com, which is popping up in the login page? Is homestead switching?

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

145K Points

5 months ago

Hello, 

Unfortunately, we did experience an issue over the weekend with our website/accounts. The problem was identified and resolved on Sunday night. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues. 

8 Messages

• 

172 Points

The problem is, I did not know this over the weekend.  I purchased another website thinking that homestead was no longer viable.  No I have to make a decision as to whether homestead or godaddy is going to be more reliable.