averypeakoutdoors's profile

17 Messages

• 

382 Points

Wednesday, February 21st, 2024 1:30 AM

Update

When is Homestead going to offer some new features and new templates? Things have been pretty stagnant and looking a bit dated for the last 4+ years...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

5 months ago

I think Homestead has abandoned us and wants us all to use the web.com templates. Any new websites published over the last month are all down.  They have never gone live due to some mysterious DNS error.  There doesn't seem to be any hurry to fix it either, so I would think about a different platform for anything new.  Too bad, too.  I really liked the flexibility of the platform builder.  

17 Messages

• 

382 Points

YES! Dealing with one that has been 3 weeks and still hasnt gone live. Call every two days and customer service is HORRIBLE! They just say that you have to wait 24-48 hours and CLICK!

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

When I called them, first they actually told me they are not trained on the Editor AT ALL. Ludicrous.  Second time (a month ago) they said they were sending the broken DNS issue to their Administrative Team.  Ha ha ha.  They don't need administrators- they need Web Developers to figure this out and the people who answer the phone do not know the difference.  I think they just hired bodies off the street who have no training or knowledge.  There have been posters here who have had this issue for over 2 months. The conspiracy theory part of my brain is saying that either Homestead did not pay their bills or they are trying to get rid of us all. I don't think this is getting fixed....ever.  I finally broke down and re-built the unconnected site in WIX and it is up and running fine....3 days it took me to build and connect.  Done.  Web.com is not much better in the CS department.  They answer questions you have not asked and completely ignore what you ARE asking them.  I am SO disappointed in this development.  I have been with Homestead for about 25 years. 

70 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5 months ago

Good luck.  Been asking for years for 2 simple things.  1) why can't I move a piece of text with the arrow keys on the keyboard and 2) why can't I see the list of elements in 'list' form so I can see the entire file name?  Add to that, a continuous problem with my emails sometimes not going to or coming from other domain names.

(edited)