N

13 Messages

• 

202 Points

Sunday, July 14th, 2024 5:32 PM

Special Characters showing on website - Need fix ASAP

I already have a ticket open, have called this in twice last Friday, July 12th.  (actually 3 times, 1st rep disconnected the call)  My website all of a sudden has special characters showing up and looks awful.  I had made no changes at all, it was fine after my last publish earlier in the week.   I was told engineers were working on this as a priority and it would be resolved within 24 hours...but it's still a horrible mess today (7/14).   Looks bad in both Chrome and Edge.  I tried deleting and replacing one of the text boxes, didn't fix the issue either.  I am currently in the middle of an advertising campaign for an event that is happening in a couple weeks and have delayed social media posts that need to go out because of this issue on the website.  Please help, need this fixed!  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

13 Messages

• 

202 Points

3 months ago

Website for reference (this looks fine on the SiteBuilder):  www.eurekafiberfest.org

9 Messages

• 

120 Points

3 months ago

Same problem on www.empirelightsound.com

13 Messages

• 

202 Points

3 months ago

This is the (unacceptable) response I got from Homestead support on Monday, July 15th:

"We do understand how website is importatant to you, But as per now There was no update from our Engineers.
The fix for now is manual by removing extra spaces from the text element and using multiple text boxes to format text instead of spacing inside of the element.

HOMESTEAD SUPPORT"

I had to manually redo nearly all of my text boxes across 4 pages, and (also unacceptable) had to remove all changes in formatting within the same text box...no bold, italic, or font color change in the same box...or it displays the special characters.  Creating multiple text boxes that have to be manually aligned in order to complete a single sentence with some basic formatting is ridiculous.  

2 Messages

• 

74 Points

3 months ago

I'm having the same problem