louis2768's profile

15 Messages

• 

262 Points

Wednesday, February 7th, 2024 7:27 PM

phone number won't go away

I opened site builder and the phone on my website has been changed to (520) 900-1829. I can delete the number and save it then refresh my page but soon as I place the phone number back on my site it changes to a different number. I used a different area code of the phone number and it works, as soon as I put the (520) area code in it changed the phone number.

HELP!!! This is my clients website, I don't understand why this is happening.

website>

Grow and Glow Landscape | Contact 

Correct Phone number

(520) 433-2011

Wrong Phone number

(520) 900-1829

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

6 Messages

• 

140 Points

6 months ago

I went to your site and the correct (...2011) is displayed.  If you still see your old number  try clearing the cache on your browser. Or try using a different browser.

15 Messages

• 

262 Points

@george3064​ 

George> It is not working. If you place your mouse over the phone number it shows or calls wrong number. 

I just created a jpeg image of the phone number and placed it on the contact page and header.

At least the phone number shows correct.

(edited)

15 Messages

• 

262 Points

As of yesterday I installed Google Tag Manager to use with the new anilytics G4.

I then read an article that the tag manager can change the phone number to devert calls.

15 Messages

• 

262 Points

I figured it out!

Its called "Call Rail", it will call the correct number and passes through Call Rail.

this was something I installed as part of the marketing team's request.

6 Messages

• 

140 Points

Glad you figued it out.  

15 Messages

• 

262 Points

@george3064​ Thank you for taking the time to help, I do appreciate it very much.

Take care Louis Ruth

Louis Ruth Photography | Home