johnpotter's profile

66 Messages

 • 

1.4K Points

Tuesday, February 21st, 2023 11:35 PM

No notification of online sale

Websitebuilder. I just got notification via Stripe that I have money in my account. I never got notification of a sale. When I went to Manage Store - Orders-In Progress I do see a sale on Feb 16. When I go to the website the item shows it is still in stock. This is a HUGE glitch for many reasons. What happened? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

8.4K Messages

 • 

123.6K Points

3 months ago

Hello, 

I noticed you are using a Gmail address for your new order email and customer notifications. We recommend using a domain-based email to ensure delivery of order notifications.

 

As for the stock, the stock for the item ordered on FEB 16th shows 0 inventory. Did you manually update this?

66 Messages

 • 

1.4K Points

3 months ago

I did not know it was better to use a domain based email. I will change that. I've never had the problem before so this must be an update. In fact today I did a search and the notification was in my junk mail.

Normally when the stock is 0 the words "Out of Stock" appear when someone hovers or clicks on the image. This is still not happening on my desktop even though I refreshed the page a few times. When I just tried it on my phone it did show it. I did not manually update the stock because I wanted you to see the issue. 

Brand User

8.4K Messages

 • 

123.6K Points

Ok, I'm glad you were able to find it and that the customer was understanding. 

66 Messages

 • 

1.4K Points

3 months ago

I don't think it was a gmail address issue. The customer received the notification. It was only the sale notification to me that was having issues. It still went to spam even when I changed the email to a domain based address.

I was finally able to get store-notifications to come to my email inbox instead of spam. Had to create a special filter in gmail that said "Never send to spam" for the words "mywebsitebuilder." I'm guessing those words are triggers in the gmail algorithm. 

Thankfully the client was very understanding of the mixup.