dan9830's profile

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

Saturday, August 3rd, 2024 2:02 PM

Mysterious 'A' showing up on website

Hello All - 

There is a mysterious capital letter 'A' showing up randomly on my website. 

Any ideas as to why this is happening? 

Thanks for any info you can provide.  

13 Messages

• 

380 Points

2 months ago

I noticed this about three weeks ago on my website and theirs lots of posts on the subject, so your not alone. Homestead is supposed to be working on it but have yet to resolve it, so your at their mercy until then.

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

Thanks for letting me know!

At least I know it is not something I did. 

Hopefully it resolves quickly. 

Thanks again for the info!

1 Message

• 

62 Points

Its showing up on my site as well! We pay good money for this site its so sad we are having to deal with this. It is 8/24/24 and its still showing up, so they have had this issue a moth or so. That is very disapointing. 

22 Messages

• 

292 Points

Same problem, 20 years, thousands of hours, 3 websites with Homestead. Are we just out of luck?? Too much to transfer. Our websites are saved at archive.com. The most recent one we could put a link to for historical purposes and then create a new page somewhere else. Got any other suggestions? Looks like we are cooked and probably thousands of others. Any hope for a group action? Looks like a lot of folks discovering it now. One of my sites is www.chs1959.com. Ray Lindstrom,  raythewatchman@aol.com.  

1.8K Messages

• 

17.9K Points

@raymond1841​ This is common problem. I haven't seen a solution posted yet. The site is not secure.

13 Messages

• 

380 Points

Refreshing the browser and or clearing the cache memory does work to a degree but I've gotten mixed results.

Even when it clears it can come back later. Refreshing 3 times has worked pretty consistently but I wouldn't expect my customers to know this. Homestead at the very least needs to offer a refund on monthly charges until they can fix the issue. This has been going on for at least a month and affecting presumably every account. Good thing I'm not dependent on my website income or I'd be in real trouble and this has certainly affected the number of orders I'm receiving with customers thinking my site is corrupted. It wouldn't surprise me if a class action lawsuit comes out of this, especially from customers more dependent on their website income.

1.8K Messages

• 

17.9K Points

2 months ago

Call support for HELP.
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6a - 5p MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

236 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

1 month ago

Oh great Russel is back! Lucky us,  Go back and climb into your hole Russ.

1.8K Messages

• 

17.9K Points

@greg1410​ What contributions are you making for the community, Greg?

1.8K Messages

• 

17.9K Points

1 month ago

greg1410 has offered this solution: "

The same way I will get rid of the one you just pointed out (thanks I missed that one, I will edit the text box, remove the space between the asterisk, and the word Older, and leave no space.

But I bet if I put a space in (which is why I think an A is showing up) the A will appear.

There is often no reason for the A. In some places it is in a space, in others there are 4 or 6 spaces and - NO A."