D

38 Messages

• 

840 Points

Saturday, March 23rd, 2024 2:07 PM

I need to redirect one of my homestead page (WebSiteBuilder) to an external URL.

I need to redirect one of my homestead page based on WebSiteBuilder to an external URL. The redirect facility only redirects to homestead pages as the destination is a pop-up menu and does not allow the entry of a full URL.

I have asked ChatGPT how to do it but it says I should use the control panel but there is no control panel in WebSiteBuilder. It also suggested I should access the htaccess file in the root directory. Can I do that? It talks about a 301 redirect and even tells me to insert one but can that be done in WebSiteBuilder or maybe some other way inside Homestead, or maybe externally to Homestead?

It also says I could use FileZilla, Cyberduck, or WinSCP but that I would need the FTP credentials and says you could provide them.

What would be the best way to proceed. I may want to change more later so don't want to rely on someone else doing it for me.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

38 Messages

• 

840 Points

4 months ago

I didn't realise the centre item was a pop-up menu. In Apple User Interface guidelines, it should show a down pointing arrow but this is missing so it is not obvious it is a menu.