D

38 Messages

• 

840 Points

Tuesday, March 7th, 2023 5:03 AM

I am trying to load in a photo I took and WebSiteBuilder keeps saying "Images not valid by violations" why?

I have several photos from my camera which repeatedly fail to load into WebSiteBuilder, the error message being 'Images not valid by violations'. Firstly what does this mean? Secondly, if this is some sort of copyright problem being reported, then Homestead's image reading subroutine is incorrect, I have full rights to these photos. Thirdly when is Homestead going to fix this? Fourthly how can I get around this before Homestead fixes their error?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

1 year ago

Hello,

Images that are uploaded to Website Builder use Google storage servers, Google storage is scanned for images that do not comply with Google terms of service. We have found that some images may be removed when they do not appear to violate Google terms of service. Google has given a way to scan the image before uploading so the image can be verified, but they have not given an option to have the image reviewed. 

To see how Google views your image, place it in this tool:

https://cloud.google.com/vision/docs/drag-and-drop

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

Well, I do not understand that answer and am having the same problem with a photo of MYSELF.  I copied that link and put my photo in just for Google to give me percentages on my emotions ???????

38 Messages

• 

840 Points

@amber6308​ 

Several of my rejected photos were also of myself. The rise of artificial intelligence has got ahead of itself, those calling for a moratorium are correct I believe. The Google analysis of the images even read the text embedded in one of my photos and objected to my words. America still shows signs it was founded by the 'Pilgrim fathers'. Since the English civil war, Britain has grown out of the puritanism which even wanted to ban Christmas and burned or drowned suspected witches, alas the USA is, in this only, a little less advanced, still having censors and appointing computers to be 'Big Brother' in that role. At least Flickr allows adult only images to be tagged as such and does not then display them to children, can Homestead not do something similar?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Unfortunately, no. We don't have a way to age-restrict images.